Effective Management of Credit Report Disputes
StreamedApr 24, 2023Duration90 minutes
See Registration Options
- Unlimited & shareable access starting two business days after live stream
- Available on desktop, mobile & tablet devices 24/7
- Take-away toolkit
- Ability to download webinar video
- Presenter's contact info for questions
Fully 70% of consumer complaints to the CFPB revolve around credit reporting!
Noncompliance with FCRA can domino into lapses in ECOA compliance – which is simply inviting action by the CFPB. From automated disputes to direct disputes and all the gray areas in between, this session will provide a commonsense approach to FCRA dispute compliance and management.
AFTER THIS WEBINAR YOU’LL BE ABLE TO:
- Appreciate the increasing credit reporting compliance risks
- Maximize the credit reporting dispute process
- Examine the optimal alignment for dispute management
- Understand the critical steps in responding to credit report disputes
- Create a plan for effective dispute management
- Identify and avoid common compliance landmines
The issue of managing credit reporting disputes is growing. In the most recent Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB) statistics, credit reporting accounted for over 70% of consumer complaints! It is receiving added attention from both examiners and consumer protection attorneys. In fact, the CFPB has linked credit reporting irregularities with lapses in Equal Credit Opportunity Act compliance and has promised swift action. From policies and procedures to quality assurance and organizational charts, this essential function impacts every financial institution and there are some basic steps you can take to increase efficiency, reduce risks, and calm your compliance nerves.
This webinar will focus on the unique operational and compliance challenges posed by credit reporting disputes. Join credit reporting veteran David Reed as he cuts through the regulatory web and shares a clean and manageable credit reporting process for your institution.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session is designed for senior executives, managers, compliance staff, lending staff, collections managers, frontline managers, internal auditors, and anyone involved with credit reporting.
- Sample credit report dispute resolution procedures
- Sample credit report dispute response letters
- FCRA examination guidance
- Sample FCRA policy
- Employee training log
- Interactive quiz
- PDF of slides and speaker’s contact info for follow-up questions
- Attendance certificate provided to self-report CE credits
NOTE: All materials are subject to copyright. Transmission, retransmission, or republishing of any webinar to other institutions or those not employed by your institution is prohibited. Print materials may be copied for eligible participants only.
David A. Reed
Reed & Jolly, PLLC
© 2024 FINANCIAL EDUCATION & DEVELOPMENT, INC