Credit Reporting Risks in the Banking Environment
January 24, 2023
DateJan 24, 2023Duration90 minutes
12:00 PM PST01:00 PM MST
02:00 PM CST03:00 PM EST
- Unlimited connections for your institution
- Available on desktop, mobile & tablet
- Take-away toolkit
- Presenter’s contact info for questions
See Registration Options
- Unlimited & shareable access starting two business days after live stream
- Available on desktop, mobile & tablet devices 24/7
- Take-away toolkit
- Ability to download webinar video
- Presenter's contact info for questions
FCRA compliance is crucial.
Fortunately, the regulations, examination guidance, and hard-earned experience create a detailed model of a fully compliant credit reporting system, if you know where to look. Unfortunately, many institutions fail to follow basic compliance requirements. Join credit reporting veteran David Reed as he cuts through the regulatory web and shares a clean and manageable FCRA process for your institution.
AFTER THIS WEBINAR YOU’LL BE ABLE TO:
- Appreciate the increasing credit reporting compliance risks
- Understand the critical steps in responding to credit report disputes
- Avoid employment screening related FCRA issues
- Identify FCRA risks created by bankruptcy
- Conduct a credit reporting inventory
- Identify and avoid common compliance landmines
Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA) violations continue to be at the top of the CFPB’s complaint list. While credit reports continue to play an essential role in financial institution operations, if you think it all revolves around lending, you’d be wrong! For example, pre-employment screenings often use credit reports as an evaluation tool, and discharge in a consumer bankruptcy requires special attention to report the obligation correctly.
Because credit reporting continues to be one of the most-cited consumer concerns, it receives added attention from the CFPB, examiners, and “consumer protection” and employment attorneys. From policies and procedures to quality assurance and organizational charts, this essential function impacts every financial institution and there are basic steps that will increase efficiency, reduce risks, and calm compliance nerves. This webinar will focus on the unique operational and compliance challenges posed by credit reporting and utilization issues. From consumer disputes to confidentiality and all the gray areas in between, this session will provide a commonsense approach to FCRA compliance and management.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session is designed for senior executives, managers, human resources staff, compliance staff, lending personnel, collections managers, frontline managers, internal auditors, and anyone involved with credit reporting.
- Sample FCRA policy
- Sample pre-employment credit report checklist
- Permissible purposes checklist
- FCRA examination guidance
- Employee training log
- Interactive quiz
- PDF of slides and speaker’s contact info for follow-up questions
- Attendance certificate provided to self-report CE credits
NOTE: All materials are subject to copyright. Transmission, retransmission, or republishing of any webinar to other institutions or those not employed by your institution is prohibited. Print materials may be copied for eligible participants only.
David A. Reed
Reed & Jolly, PLLC
© 2022 FINANCIAL EDUCATION & DEVELOPMENT, INC