Partnering with Fintech Companies: Due Diligence, Evaluation & Risks
StreamedNov 30, 2021Duration90 minutes
See Registration Options
- Unlimited & shareable access starting two business days after live stream
- Available on desktop, mobile & tablet devices 24/7
- Take-away toolkit
- Ability to download webinar video
- Presenter's contact info for questions
What does it mean to “partner” with a fintech company?
This webinar will provide the details on contract terms and negotiation, regulatory compliance, and due diligence. Learn how these relationships can improve efficiency and lower costs.
AFTER THIS WEBINAR YOU’LL BE ABLE TO:
- Understand the regulatory and legal requirements of partnering with a fintech company
- Explain both the bank and the fintech company’s roles and responsibilities in their relationship
- Conduct the required regulatory due diligence
- Properly evaluate the risks and benefits before entering into a relationship
- Create the best relationship structure with a fintech company
- Negotiate with a fintech company to obtain favorable contract terms
Fintech companies are dramatically changing the financial services industry. Many community banks are entering into business relationships with fintech companies to provide innovative products to enhance customer satisfaction, increase the bank’s efficiency, and reduce costs. Due diligence and risk evaluation have always been important components in a bank’s third-party risk management process, and this is especially important when “partnering” with fintech companies. This webinar will detail the specific items that bank regulators require you to consider when conducting due diligence and evaluating a fintech company. You’ll also learn the practical business issues to address when entering into such a relationship.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session will benefit bank management, loan and deposit operations personnel, technology staff, new product staff, vendor management personnel, compliance officers, auditors, attorneys, and others involved in the strategic planning, due diligence, and evaluation processes.
- Guide for community banks (published by the FDIC, OCC, and Federal Reserve) titled Conducting Due Diligence on Financial Technology Companies – A Guide for Community Banks
- Due diligence checklist specifically designed to evaluate fintech companies
- Employee training log
- Interactive quiz
PDF of slides and speaker’s contact info for follow-up questions
- Attendance certificate provided to self-report CE credits
NOTE: All materials are subject to copyright. Transmission, retransmission, or republishing of any webinar to other institutions or those not employed by your financial institution is prohibited. Print materials may be copied for eligible participants only.
Spencer Fane LLP
© 2022 FINANCIAL EDUCATION & DEVELOPMENT, INC