Countdown to ATR/QM Changes Effective October 1, 2022: Preparing Policies & Processes
July 7, 2022
DateJul 7, 2022Duration90 minutes
08:00 AM PDT09:00 AM MDT
10:00 AM CDT11:00 AM EDT
- Unlimited connections for your institution
- Available on desktop, mobile & tablet
- Take-away toolkit
- Presenter’s contact info for questions
See Registration Options
- Unlimited and shareable access
two business days after live streaming
- Available on desktop, mobile & tablet devices 24/7
- Take-away toolkit
- Ability to download webinar video
- Presenter's contact info for questions
The clock is ticking down to the October 1, 2022, compliance deadline.
Is your institution ready for the new QM loan rules? Do you know the seven ability-to-repay options? If you don’t have your arms around the implementation steps and content of the final rules, you’d better act fast!
AFTER THIS WEBINAR YOU’LL BE ABLE TO:
- Understand the newly issued QM final rules
- Determine which loans are affected by the ATR/QM rules
- Define the qualified mortgage options and requirements for each
- Use best practices and tools in determining a consumer’s ability to repay
- Distinguish which institutions qualify as “small creditors”
The QM rules have been on a rollercoaster the last two years. Originally the CFPB released two final rules related to qualified mortgage (QM) loans. The first was to replace the DTI requirements for general QM loans and the second was to create an entirely new category for qualified mortgages – seasoned QMs. On December 29, 2020, the CFPB published the final rule in the Federal Register, giving it an effective date of March 1, 2021; however, the mandatory compliance date was July 1, 2021. Then on April 30, 2021, the CFPB published a new notice in the Federal Register extending the mandatory compliance date for the General QM Rule to October 1, 2022.
This session will dive into the final QM rules and provide best practices for how to prepare your policies, procedures, systems, and staff for the changes. It will also review the seven ability-to-repay (ATR) options and provide guidance on implementing the new changes and how to strengthen your current ATR/QM compliance program. Don’t miss this jam-packed session!
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session would best suit loan officers, loan operations personnel, compliance officers, and internal auditors.
- Sample policy language
- Sample ATR worksheet
- Employee training log
- Interactive quiz
- PDF of slides and speaker’s contact info for follow-up questions
- Attendance certificate provided to self-report CE credits
NOTE: All materials are subject to copyright. Transmission, retransmission, or republishing of any webinar to other institutions or those not employed by your agency is prohibited. Print materials may be copied for eligible participants only.
Brode Consulting Services Inc
© 2022 FINANCIAL EDUCATION & DEVELOPMENT, INC