Safe Deposit Issues: Drilling, Unpaid Rent, Death & Unclaimed Property
StreamedMay 4, 2023Duration90 minutes
See Registration Options
- Unlimited & shareable access starting two business days after live stream
- Available on desktop, mobile & tablet devices 24/7
- Take-away toolkit
- Ability to download webinar video
- Presenter's contact info for questions
What could go wrong?
Safe deposit box rental and use are predictable, right? Not so! From delinquent rent, to joint ownership, to escheatment and death of an owner, proper handling of safe deposit boxes is hardly banal. Learn the ins and outs of this often-overlooked area.
AFTER THIS WEBINAR YOU’LL BE ABLE TO:
- Understand your institution’s safe deposit box obligations and responsibilities
- Implement proper procedures to grant access to a safe deposit box
- Handle delinquent rent
- Manage the death of a joint or sole owner
- Properly escheat safe deposit box contents to the state
Safe deposit boxes are an important service. They provide additional revenue and enhance accountholder relationships. But safe deposit box operations are unique and sometimes mysterious. Inappropriately handling a safe deposit box can result in unforeseen liability to your institution of tremendous proportions. This webinar will cover everything you need to know to properly handle safe deposit boxes, including the rental agreement, collecting rent, drilling the box, and escheatment of box contents to the state.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session is designed for all staff involved with safe deposit boxes, including officers, service representatives, operations personnel, compliance officers, auditors, attorneys, and managers.
- Checklist of items that should be included in a safe deposit box policy
- Employee training log
- Interactive quiz
- PDF of slides and speaker’s contact info for follow-up questions
- Attendance certificate provided to self-report CE credits
NOTE: All materials are subject to copyright. Transmission, retransmission, or republishing of any webinar to other institutions or those not employed by your institution is prohibited. Print materials may be copied for eligible participants only.
Spencer Fane LLP
© 2024 FINANCIAL EDUCATION & DEVELOPMENT, INC