The Sleepers: Risks of Safe Deposit Boxes, Mobile Banking, Prepaid Cards & RDC
April 4, 2023
DateApr 4, 2023Duration90 minutes
08:00 AM PDT09:00 AM MDT
10:00 AM CDT11:00 AM EDT
- Unlimited connections for your institution
- Available on desktop, mobile & tablet
- Take-away toolkit
- Presenter’s contact info for questions
See Registration Options
- Unlimited & shareable access starting two business days after live stream
- Available on desktop, mobile & tablet devices 24/7
- Take-away toolkit
- Ability to download webinar video
- Presenter's contact info for questions
High-profile operational issues often command the most attention. But what about the “sleepers”?
Are your compliance and operations staff adequately tending to things like safe deposit boxes, mobile banking, prepaid cards, and RDC? Join this webinar to ensure your policies and procedures will bear up under regulatory scrutiny.
AFTER THIS WEBINAR YOU’LL BE ABLE TO:
- Open and monitor safe deposit boxes (SDBs) for suspicious activity
- Understand regulatory requirements impacting electronic banking services
- Define the prepaid card rules and understand the error-resolution process
- Establish strong oversight and controls over your RDC program
- Use provided tools to assess risks associated with electronic banking, RDC, and new products or services
Sleeper: “In football, a player who usually isn’t well known that goes on to have a breakout season.”
SDBs, RDC, mobile banking, and prepaid cards may not seem like flashy banking topics, but don’t let these regulatory “sleepers” fool you. Examiners have cited findings for lack of sufficient policies and procedures and inadequate controls in these areas. Quite simply, these tend to be “set and forget” issues and are accordingly reflected in examination reports.
Are you properly monitoring for suspicious activity in your SDBs? What if a SDB lessee passes away? Are your mobile deposits adhering to Reg CC guidelines? Is someone reviewing your RDC deposits for proper endorsements? Are you providing appropriate disclosures with prepaid cards? If you hesitated in answering any of these questions, then this session is for you!
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session is designed for branch managers, operations staff, electronic banking staff, and compliance officers.
- Sample reconciliation for safe deposit boxes
- Sample RDC site visit and risk assessment form
- Mobile banking testing sample
- Employee training log
- Interactive quiz
- PDF of slides and speaker’s contact info for follow-up questions
- Attendance certificate provided to self-report CE credits
NOTE: All materials are subject to copyright. Transmission, retransmission, or republishing of any webinar to other institutions or those not employed by your institution is prohibited. Print materials may be copied for eligible participants only.
Brode Consulting Services Inc
© 2023 FINANCIAL EDUCATION & DEVELOPMENT, INC