E-SIGN Act: Electronic Loan Document Delivery
StreamedAug 10, 2022Duration90 minutes
See Registration Options
- Unlimited & shareable access starting two business days after live stream
- Available on desktop, mobile & tablet devices 24/7
- Take-away toolkit
- Ability to download webinar video
- Presenter's contact info for questions
The federal E-Sign Act encourages use of electronic signatures, contracts, and document retention – if you follow the rules.
Are your documents and delivery procedures “legally correct”? This webinar will teach you about electronic documents, delivery, disclosures, record retention, and more.
AFTER THIS WEBINAR YOU’LL BE ABLE TO:
- Explain the Electronic Signatures in Global and National Commerce Act (federal E-Sign Act)
- Determine when it is permissible to deliver disclosures, documents, and statements electronically
- Understand the restrictions imposed on the use of electronic signature pads
- Decide when the original document can be destroyed after it has been saved electronically
- Determine when your institution can require the use of electronic documents
Although the electronic age can make loan transactions more convenient, it can also cause complications. Before your institution can benefit from the federal E-Sign Act and use electronic signatures and electronic documents, you must deliver the proper disclosures to your borrowers and obtain their consent. You must ensure that your electronic documents and delivery system are “legally correct.” In addition, the regulatory agencies expect financial institutions to understand how their electronic loan document system operates and how it satisfies the legal requirements for using electronic signatures, electronic contracts, and electronic document retention.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session is designed for all staff involved on the loan side, such as loan operations personnel, loan officers, technology staff, attorneys, compliance officers, and managers.
- Sample language to obtain borrowers’ consent to use and receive electronic signatures, electronic disclosures, and electronic documents
- Employee training log
- Interactive quiz
- PDF of slides and speaker’s contact info for follow-up questions
- Attendance certificate provided to self-report CE credits
NOTE: All materials are subject to copyright. Transmission, retransmission, or republishing of any webinar to other institutions or those not employed by your agency is prohibited. Print materials may be copied for eligible participants only.
"This webinar was very informative and the instructor was very knowledgeable about the subject."
-Bernelle, Texas Heritage National Bank
Spencer Fane LLP
© 2023 FINANCIAL EDUCATION & DEVELOPMENT, INC