Understanding Call Report Regulatory Capital: Standards, Ratios, Risk Weighting
July 14, 2022
DateJul 14, 2022Duration90 minutes
12:00 PM PDT01:00 PM MDT
02:00 PM CDT03:00 PM EDT
- Unlimited connections for your institution
- Available on desktop, mobile & tablet
- Take-away toolkit
- Presenter’s contact info for questions
See Registration Options
- Unlimited and shareable access
two business days after live streaming
- Available on desktop, mobile & tablet devices 24/7
- Take-away toolkit
- Ability to download webinar video
- Presenter's contact info for questions
The never-ending grind of preparing quarterly Call Reports is further complicated by reporting regulatory capital.
Schedule RC-R can be convoluted and challenging. With this webinar, you will glean the take-aways needed to provide accurate reporting from over 100 pages of instructions.
AFTER THIS WEBINAR YOU’LL BE ABLE TO:
- Accurately report the different types of capital, including common equity Tier 1 capital, Tier 1 capital, and Tier 2 capital
- Understand the common deductions from capital and how they impact Part I and Part II of Schedule RC-R
- Ensure the accuracy of the risk-weights assigned to assets and off-balance sheet items in Schedule RC-R, Part II
- Identify common mistakes in reporting regulatory capital, particularly in the risk weighting of loans and loan commitments
- Evaluate the community bank leverage ratio (CBLR) framework, including recent changes to the minimum leverage ratio requirement
With over 100 pages of ever-changing instructions and rules, reporting regulatory capital in Call Report Schedule RC-R continues to be challenging. This webinar will provide a deep dive into reporting regulatory capital and common mistakes in the calculation of regulatory capital ratios and asset risk weights. It will address the CBLR, residential mortgage exposures, high volatility commercial real estate (HVCRE) exposures, deferred tax assets, and unfunded commitments. Participants will also learn how incorrect information in other Call Report schedules can impact reporting of regulatory capital.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session is designed for new and experienced call report preparers, including CFOs, controllers, accounting staff, and others responsible for ensuring the accuracy of quarterly Call Reports.
- PDF booklet with regulatory guidance and Call Report schedules that include helpful notes and supplementary information
- Employee training log
- Interactive quiz
- PDF of slides and speaker’s contact info for follow-up questions
- Attendance certificate provided to self-report CE credits
NOTE: All materials are subject to copyright. Transmission, retransmission, or republishing of any webinar to other institutions or those not employed by your agency is prohibited. Print materials may be copied for eligible participants only.
This Webinar Appears In
© 2022 FINANCIAL EDUCATION & DEVELOPMENT, INC