12:00 pm – 1:30 pm PT
1:00 pm – 2:30 pm MT
2:00 pm – 3:30 pm CT
3:00 pm – 4:30 pm ET
Many financial institutions are completing the last review of the 2017 HMDA data that must be submitted by March 1, 2018. Remember “simple HMDA” when there were only 26 data fields? The new rules became effective January 1, 2018, and the expanded fields combined with the additional loan types being reported, means that regulators will be able to do a more comprehensive fair-lending analysis in minutes, not months.
Lenders who previously did not have fair-lending issues, because of their size or satisfactory compliance exams, may face significant challenges when public data is released under the new disclosure rules.* In addition to giving regulators more fair lending data, the public release of HMDA data also allows more in-depth scrutiny from community organizations. Attend this session to learn important tips for analyzing the HMDA data reported for 2017 activity and the impact of the new data collected in 2018.
*The CFPB announced a proposal on September 20, 2017, regarding the specific loan-level data that will become available to the public in 2019, including modifications to protect consumer privacy. The CFPB proposed to exclude certain data fields, such as the property address and borrower’s credit score, and disclosing age as a range rather than a specific number.
Continuing Education: Attendance verification for CE credits upon request
- Best practices for analyzing 2017 HMDA data and tips for data accuracy
- Fair lending analysis under the 2018 data – prepare for risk-focused exams by understanding the importance of these fields in the risk screening process:
- Credit scores and AUS results
- Debt to income
- Loan to value
- Cost of the loan
- Rate spread data
- Denial reasons (NEW reporting, except for OCC banks)
- Expanded demographic information and “disaggregated” ethnicity and race categories
- Factors to consider when comparing 2017 and 2018 data analysis trends
- The role of complaints in fair lending analysis
- TAKE-AWAY TOOLKIT
- Fair lending risk assessment
- Fair lending analysis steps for denied consumer and commercial applications
- Employee training log
- Quiz you can administer to measure staff learning and a separate answer key
DON'T MISS THESE RELATED WEBINARS!
|"Fair Lending Comparative File Review"
Tuesday, August 14, 2018
"Auditing for HMDA Compliance, Including New Data Collection Rules"
Thursday, December 6, 2018
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session is designed for experienced or new compliance officers, fair lending specialists, auditors, lenders, loan operations staff, risk managers, and senior management.
NOTE: All materials are subject to copyright. Transmission, retransmission, or republishing of any webinar to other institutions or those not employed by your financial institution is prohibited. Print materials may be copied for eligible participants only.