CECL: What Auditors & Regulators Will Expect
May 23, 2023
DateMay 23, 2023Duration90 minutes
12:00 PM PDT01:00 PM MDT
02:00 PM CDT03:00 PM EDT
- Unlimited connections for your institution
- Available on desktop, mobile & tablet
- Take-away toolkit
- Presenter’s contact info for questions
See Registration Options
- Unlimited & shareable access starting two business days after live stream
- Available on desktop, mobile & tablet devices 24/7
- Take-away toolkit
- Ability to download webinar video
- Presenter's contact info for questions
CECL has joined the ever-growing list of compliance acronyms.
But more importantly, this new accounting standard has profoundly altered how institutions estimate loan losses. It then follows that auditor and regulator expectations will be different, too. Now is the time to prepare!
AFTER THIS WEBINAR YOU’LL BE ABLE TO:
- Analyze the adoption of the Current Expected Credit Losses (CECL) accounting standard
- Explain key points from the interagency policy statement on CECL
- Evaluate qualitative factor adjustments
- Document reasonable and supportable forecasts
- Understand the model validation expectations
- Prepare for your upcoming audit and examination
The new CECL accounting standard fundamentally changed the way that community financial institutions estimate loan losses and resulted in material equity adjustments for many. The evaluation of qualitative factors and reasonable and supportable forecasts has created some challenges. In addition, there are ongoing model risk management aspects to consider, including model validation. Now that CECL has been adopted, it’s important to start preparing for your next audit and examination. Are you ready?
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session is designed for management, governance, and individuals involved in the CECL calculation.
- Website links to useful CECL resources
- Employee training log
- Interactive quiz
- PDF of slides and speaker’s contact info for follow-up questions
- Attendance certificate provided to self-report CE credits
NOTE: All materials are subject to copyright. Transmission, retransmission, or republishing of any webinar to other institutions or those not employed by your institution is prohibited. Print materials may be copied for eligible participants only.
© 2023 FINANCIAL EDUCATION & DEVELOPMENT, INC