Updating Business Account Procedures: CIP & Beneficial Ownership
January 10, 2024
DateJan 10, 2024Duration90 minutes
08:00 AM PST09:00 AM MST
10:00 AM CST11:00 AM EST
- Unlimited connections for your institution
- Available on desktop, mobile & tablet
- Take-away toolkit
- Presenter’s contact info for questions
See Registration Options
- Unlimited & shareable access starting two business days after live stream
- Available on desktop, mobile & tablet devices 24/7
- Take-away toolkit
- Ability to download webinar video
- Presenter's contact info for questions
This jam-packed webinar will help you update your business account procedures.
It will illuminate issues like resolutions, taxpayer ID numbers, signature cards, and documentation, and provide the latest update on the beneficial ownership rules. Ensure your CIP program is A-OK with this timely topic.
- IRS reporting on business accounts, including disregarding an entity
- CIP and beneficial ownership
- State documentation and paperwork
- Account authorization and account cards
- What happens if owners change, die, or resign?
- Update on beneficial ownership status
This program will look at all the regulatory issues surrounding business accounts, including IRS issues on taxpayer identification numbers; BSA issues such as customer identification programs (CIP) and customer due diligence (CDD); and a beneficial ownership update and coverage. Business accountholders are registering for the new national database beginning January 1, 2024, but there are no actionable items for financial institutions.
This webinar will look at the effect of the new definitions and rules and if the regulation comes out by January, that will be covered, too. Join us to learn the ins and outs of how to gain documentation, signature cards, and resolutions for each business.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session is designed for compliance officers, deposit operations staff, trainers, BSA personnel, and new accounts staff.
- New deposit account manual with sample procedures, checklists, and reference materials
- Employee training log
- Interactive quiz
- PDF of slides and speaker’s contact info for follow-up questions
- Attendance certificate provided to self-report CE credits
NOTE: All materials are subject to copyright. Transmission, retransmission, or republishing of any webinar to other institutions or those not employed by your institution is prohibited. Print materials may be copied for eligible participants only.
Deborah L. Crawford
© 2023 FINANCIAL EDUCATION & DEVELOPMENT, INC