Mastercard Debit Card Chargebacks
StreamedNov 2, 2021Duration90 minutes
See Registration Options
- Unlimited & shareable access starting
two business days after live stream
- Available on desktop, mobile & tablet devices 24/7
- Take-away toolkit
- Ability to download webinar video
- Presenter's contact info for questions
The chargeback process is riddled with rules and time restrictions.
Don’t risk a loss for your financial institution or card holder. Learn the ins and outs of debit card chargebacks to protect everyone’s rights.
AFTER THIS WEBINAR YOU’LL BE ABLE TO:
- Analyze the exception-related transaction data in an authorization message
- Differentiate the types of POS transactions
- Identify documents needed for the most common exception conditions
- Explain the dispute resolution cycle and maximum timeframes
- Distinguish fraud-related from non-fraud-related cardholder claims
- Name the chargeback reason codes used most often
Listen to an interview with Diana Kern about her webinar!
Mastercard dispute resolution rules are complex. Your institution’s ability to recover funds from a merchant is primarily based on the authorization’s transaction data. Failure to adhere to the rules and time limits can result in a loss of chargeback rights – and a potential financial loss for you or your cardholder.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session is designed for operations professionals at financial institutions that issue Mastercard debit cards. The content is suited for staff responsible for any aspect of your cardholders’ exception claims.
- Sample cardholder dispute form
- Quick reference comparison of Regulation E and Mastercard rules
- List of reference websites, including the Mastercard Rules and Chargeback Guide
- Employee training log
- Interactive quiz
- PDF of slides and speaker’s contact info for follow-up questions
- Attendance certificate provided to self-report CE credits.
NOTE: All materials are subject to copyright. Transmission, retransmission, or republishing of any webinar to other institutions or those not employed by your agency is prohibited. Print materials may be copied for eligible participants only.
© 2022 FINANCIAL EDUCATION & DEVELOPMENT, INC