Job-Specific Compliance Training for Deposit Operations
StreamedAug 17, 2023Duration90 minutes
See Registration Options
- Unlimited & shareable access starting two business days after live stream
- Available on desktop, mobile & tablet devices 24/7
- Take-away toolkit
- Ability to download webinar video
- Presenter's contact info for questions
Deposits are a major part of the transactions your financial institution processes every day.
This area is riddled with regulations, rules, and red flags – all of which are required for compliance and loss prevention. This is a must-attend session for deposit operations personnel.
AFTER THIS WEBINAR YOU’LL BE ABLE TO:
- Reference current agency guidance for UDAAPs related to deposit accounts
- Explain the Reg E dispute timing requirements and when provisional credit must be provided
- Recognize what actions require disclosures after the opening of a deposit account
- Understand how to properly calculate and review Reg CC holds
- Review procedures for changing deposit interest rates
- Identify red flags that might signal potential identity theft
- Ensure deposit advertisements contain the required details
Interest rates have risen which means deposit products are in demand. Deposit operations staff must comply with numerous rules and regulations to avoid regulatory scrutiny, fines, and penalties against your institution. This program will go beyond the basics and cover error resolution and hold requirements – areas that frequently appear in examiners’ consumer compliance reports. In addition, it will address the rate change process, triggers for subsequent disclosures, and the hot topic of junk fees. Deposit operations personnel must also watch for internet gambling, monitor for fraud, and ensure deposit accounts work as described in the disclosures. Attend this important session for a worthwhile review of deposit operations regulations.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session is designed for employees responsible for selling, servicing, auditing, or reviewing compliance for your financial institution’s deposit products.
- Deposit rate change request form
- Color-coded Reg CC hold reference guide with exception hold tips
- Internet gambling certification
- Sample cardholder dispute form
- Reg E error resolution flowchart
- Reg E error resolution log
- Deposit advertising compliance checklist
- Employee training log
- Interactive quiz
- PDF of slides and speaker’s contact info for follow-up questions
- Attendance certificate provided to self-report CE credits
NOTE: All materials are subject to copyright. Transmission, retransmission, or republishing of any webinar to other institutions or those not employed by your institution is prohibited. Print materials may be copied for eligible participants only.
Brode Consulting Services, Inc.
© 2023 FINANCIAL EDUCATION & DEVELOPMENT, INC