Credit Fundamentals for the New Credit Analyst
- Unlimited & shareable access starting
two business days after live stream
- Available on desktop, mobile & tablet devices 24/7
- Take-away toolkit
- Ability to download webinar video
- Presenter's contact info for questions
No formal training in accounting? No problem!
- Understand accounting principles used to create financial statements
- Comprehend the major accounts on the balance sheet and income statement
- Recognize how the income statement and balance sheet are related and provide a foundation for understanding ratio and cash flow analysis
- Calculate key credit ratios when determining borrowers’ financial condition
- Understand the purpose and reasoning for performing a cash flow analysis utilizing the modified uniform cash analysis method to compare the UCA method to the traditional
This webinar is designed for new credit analysts and credit analysts and/or commercial lenders (including branch managers) with no formal training in accounting and credit analysis. It will begin by explaining accounting assumptions and the rules of debits and credits used to prepare financial statements and tax returns. Then, the course will review the Balance Sheet, Income Statement, Statement of Retained Earnings, and Statement of Cash Flows by explaining the purposes of all statements and the meaning of common accounts found on them. With the knowledge gained to this point, techniques to spread financial statements will be covered to ensure the results will be reliable and basic credit, ratio, and cash flow analysis will be demonstrated to determine a company’s liquidity, leverage, operating performance, and cash flow generation capability. The focus will be on commercial and industrial type borrowers.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This webinar will benefit senior loan officers, credit analysts, senior credit officers, loan review personnel, commercial loan officers, consumer loan officers, branch managers, and credit administration support staff.
- Financial factor ratio worksheet
- Modified uniform cash flow analysis spreadsheet
- Employee training log
- Interactive quiz
- Attendance certificate provided to self-report CE credits.