Consumer Real Estate Loans: Step-by-Step
May 11, 2023
DateMay 11, 2023Duration90 minutes
08:00 AM PDT09:00 AM MDT
10:00 AM CDT11:00 AM EDT
- Unlimited connections for your institution
- Available on desktop, mobile & tablet
- Take-away toolkit
- Presenter’s contact info for questions
See Registration Options
- Unlimited & shareable access starting two business days after live stream
- Available on desktop, mobile & tablet devices 24/7
- Take-away toolkit
- Ability to download webinar video
- Presenter's contact info for questions
Lending is the heartbeat of your financial institution.
With so many regulations governing consumer loan compliance, what exactly should be your focus? This webinar will map out an example of a consumer RE loan from beginning to end. You’ll learn all the details, plus get insight on what examiners are watching.
AFTER THIS WEBINAR YOU’LL BE ABLE TO:
- Prevent fair lending issues from initial conversations through closing
- Understand E-SIGN requirements for electronic disclosures
- Gather required GMI and HMDA data
- Determine if appropriate flood insurance is in place
- Review appraisal requirements
- Avoid TRID errors on loan estimates and closing disclosures
- Use provided checklists to verify loan file documentation
Perhaps no financial product or service is “touched” by more regulatory requirements than a consumer real estate loan. From the first discussions with the borrower, to the application, to the closing table, regulations guide each stage of the loan process. This webinar will walk through a sample consumer real estate loan from application to closing. It will address the regulatory compliance issues that impact the loan, your institution, and the borrower. In addition, it will highlight the issues examiners are citing the most and share best practices for avoiding costly errors.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session is designed for consumer mortgage loan officers, loan operations personnel, compliance officers, and internal auditors.
- Consumer real estate loan documentation checklist
- Flood insurance determination worksheet
- Sample changed circumstance form
- Employee training log
- Interactive quiz
- PDF of slides and speaker’s contact info for follow-up questions
- Attendance certificate provided to self-report CE credits
NOTE: All materials are subject to copyright. Transmission, retransmission, or republishing of any webinar to other institutions or those not employed by your institution is prohibited. Print materials may be copied for eligible participants only.
Brode Consulting Services Inc
© 2023 FINANCIAL EDUCATION & DEVELOPMENT, INC