BSA Risks in 2024: What's New & in the News?
January 18, 2024
DateJan 18, 2024Duration60 minutes
08:00 AM PST09:00 AM MST
10:00 AM CST11:00 AM EST
- Unlimited connections for your institution
- Available on desktop, mobile & tablet
- Take-away toolkit
- Presenter’s contact info for questions
See Registration Options
- Unlimited & shareable access starting two business days after live stream
- Available on desktop, mobile & tablet devices 24/7
- Take-away toolkit
- Ability to download webinar video
- Presenter's contact info for questions
This fast-paced 60-minute session will prepare you for the BSA risks and challenges 2024 will bring.
With current information garnered from a variety of resources, you’ll get the important highlights of regulatory changes, enforcement actions, and examiner expectations.
AFTER THIS WEBINAR YOU’LL BE ABLE TO:
- Understand how global financial crimes and terrorist activity may impact your financial institution
- Use FinCEN advisories and guidance to effectively update risk assessments
- Identify action steps to update BSA/AML compliance in 2024
- Recognize suspicious activity regarding elder financial exploitation, rampant check fraud, and human trafficking
- Develop an effective program for the challenges of banking or restricting cannabis-related businesses
Compliance with BSA regulations and maintaining an effective AML (anti-money laundering) program continue to be areas of intense focus. Growing global conflicts concentrate attention on detecting terrorist financing and following numerous OFAC sanctions. Additionally, six important sections of the BSA exam manual were updated in 2023. Other “hot spots” include digital currency and cybersecurity breaches. Lessons learned from BSA enforcement actions will be highlighted, as well as current examiner expectations for an effective BSA/AML program.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session is designed for BSA officers and staff, compliance officers, fraud/risk managers, auditors, and all staff involved in maintaining a successful BSA/AML program.
- Template for a 2024 BSA/AML plan
- Important FinCEN resources
- Employee training log
- Interactive quiz
- PDF of slides and speaker’s contact info for follow-up questions
- Attendance certificate provided to self-report CE credits
NOTE: All materials are subject to copyright. Transmission, retransmission, or republishing of any webinar to other institutions or those not employed by your institution is prohibited. Print materials may be copied for eligible participants only.
Compliance Training & Consulting for Financial Institutions
© 2023 FINANCIAL EDUCATION & DEVELOPMENT, INC