12:00 pm – 1:30 pm PT
1:00 pm – 2:30 pm MT
2:00 pm – 3:30 pm CT
3:00 pm – 4:30 pm ET
The URLA – the backbone of mortgage lending – is changing for the first time in 20 years! This is the biggest mortgage compliance change since TRID. Learn how to ensure readiness and compliance with the new URLA before the November 1 deadline.
AFTER THIS WEBINAR YOU’LL BE ABLE TO:
- Work with the new data fields and expanded application
- Properly capture information on multiple applicants
- Use the form’s dynamic capabilities – what’s expandable and collapsible?
- Know when to use the new forms, including the unmarried addendum
- Develop an implementation plan
- Effectively train staff on data collection and application completion
- Design testing exercises for specific institutional procedures and processes
- Customize procedures and policies to guide staff during URLA completion
- Identify and meet critical implementation dates and deadlines
The redesigned Uniform Residential Loan Application (URLA) is a complete overhaul of a document that has remained largely unchanged for two decades. Since many financial institutions rely on the URLA during the mortgage loan process, significant changes have the potential to cause disruption. Therefore, it’s important to prepare now for a smooth transition before the November 1, 2020, deadline.
This webinar will go line-by-line through all five sections of the new URLA and offer implementation and training tips along the way. It will provide exercises to train lenders and identify potential processes to test. Learn more about identifying the policies and procedures that could be affected and how documentation requirements can be redesigned to gather data for the new form. Take this opportunity to familiarize yourself with the new URLA and prepare for successful, timely adoption.
Attendance certificate provided to self-report CE credits.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session is designed for loan officers, loan origination and closing staff, mortgage quality control staff, underwriters, auditors, compliance personnel, and anyone who completes or relies on information in the URLA.
- Implementation action plan
- Cheat sheet to determine loan purpose for the URLA, HMDA, and TRID
- Worksheet to document implementation testing exercises
- Exercises to enhance lender training sessions
- Employee training log
- Interactive quiz
NOTE: All materials are subject to copyright. Transmission, retransmission, or republishing of any webinar to other institutions or those not employed by your financial institution is prohibited. Print materials may be copied for eligible participants only.