Agricultural Lending Basics
StreamedMar 7, 2023Duration90 minutes
See Registration Options
- Unlimited & shareable access starting two business days after live stream
- Available on desktop, mobile & tablet devices 24/7
- Take-away toolkit
- Ability to download webinar video
- Presenter's contact info for questions
The face of agricultural lending is changing.
It encompasses traditional operations as well as weekend farmers. Designed for newer ag lenders and credit analysts, this webinar will address a variety of operations and explain the unique aspects of agricultural loans. This sector might be just the ticket for your institution!
AFTER THIS WEBINAR YOU’LL BE ABLE TO:
- Confidently analyze ag and agribusiness loan requests
- Understand the unique attributes of ag lending
- Communicate effectively with your ag borrowers even if you don’t have a farm background
- Better understand the impact of global affairs on agriculture, even for a weekend farm or livestock operation
- Structure ag loans properly and make appropriate use of government guaranty programs
Agriculture and ag lending are often seen as a mystery to those who didn’t grow up on a farm. Some ag lenders have a strong farming background and understand terms that other lenders struggle with. But much of the analytical work on ag credits is done by credit analysts, and decisions are made by committees with limited personal knowledge of agriculture. This webinar will cover the unique attributes of ag lending so you are able to confidently analyze ag credit and feel comfortable making an informed credit decision. This will include row crops, livestock, dairy, and specialty crop operations.
Topics covered will include:
- Analyzing agricultural tax returns to determine repayment ability, including cash-to-accrual adjustments
- Importance of annual cash flow/crop plans, including assessing multiyear expansion plans, transitions to organic farming, and realistic family living
- How global forces really impact agriculture
- Collateral analysis basics, including growing crops
- Assessing management skills and transition plans
- Structuring ag loans and the use of guaranty programs
- Interpersonal aspects of ag lending
- Risk management concepts of crop insurance and hedging
- Resources for ag-specific information
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session is designed for newer ag lenders, credit analysts, and loan committee members who want to take some of the mystery out of ag lending and increase their knowledge and skills in assessing this critical segment.
- Ag resource guide, including links to useful websites
- Cash-to-accrual Excel file
- Management assessment checklist
- Employee training log
- Interactive quiz
- PDF of slides and speaker’s contact info for follow-up questions
- Attendance certificate provided to self-report CE credits
NOTE: All materials are subject to copyright. Transmission, retransmission, or republishing of any webinar to other institutions or those not employed by your institution is prohibited. Print materials may be copied for eligible participants only.
Robert L. Viering
© 2023 FINANCIAL EDUCATION & DEVELOPMENT, INC