Consumer Underwriting 101: From Application to Approval
StreamedMay 17, 2022Duration90 minutes
See Registration Options
- Unlimited & shareable access starting
two business days after live stream
- Available on desktop, mobile & tablet devices 24/7
- Take-away toolkit
- Ability to download webinar video
- Presenter's contact info for questions
“101” may actually represent the potential number of details in consumer lending.
This soup-to-nuts webinar will address all the steps in consumer lending so that you can navigate the process with accuracy and aplomb.
AFTER THIS WEBINAR YOU’LL BE ABLE TO:
- Articulate the purpose and objectives of the application
- Ask the relevant and legal questions under Regulation B
- Investigate the information submitted on an application
- Incorporate the applicant’s credit report into the investigation process
- Evaluate an applicant’s capacity to pay by calculating the debt-to-income ratio and determining the cash flow generated from an applicant’s income tax return
Listen to a clip from this webinar!
Proper analysis of consumer loan requests is more important today than any time in the history of banking because COVID-19 negatively affected many consumer borrowers and left them in a weaker financial condition. For this reason, and because financial institutions must continue to grow their consumer loan portfolios safely, lending practices must be adjusted to ensure the next loan applicant is not becoming overextended and unable to meet his/her obligations.
There are several steps that describe the consumer lending process, and they all end with a variation of the suffix “-tion” – which means “the act of.” All steps are necessary to build a good consumer loan portfolio. The “-tion” method in consumer lending includes regulation, initiation (business development), application, investigation, evaluation, decision, documentation, administration, and collection.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This webinar will benefit senior credit officers, senior loan officers, commercial lenders, consumer lenders, branch managers, assistant branch managers, personal bankers, loan review personnel, documentation specialists, and those interested in learning more about consumer lending.
- Employee training log
- Interactive quiz
- PDF of slides and speaker’s contact info for follow-up questions
- Attendance certificate provided to self-report CE credits
NOTE: All materials are subject to copyright. Transmission, retransmission, or republishing of any webinar to other institutions or those not employed by your institution is prohibited. Print materials may be copied for eligible participants only.
Jeffery W. Johnson
Bankers Insight Group
This Webinar Appears In
© 2022 FINANCIAL EDUCATION & DEVELOPMENT, INC