Are You Prepared for CECL?
StreamedDec 15, 2021Duration90 minutes
See Registration Options
- Unlimited and shareable access
two business days after live streaming
- Available on desktop, mobile & tablet devices 24/7
- Take-away toolkit
- Ability to download webinar video
- Presenter's contact info for questions
CECL – the acronym has been around a while now, but things are about to get real.
Regardless of where you are in your CECL preparation journey, it’s critical that you understand the potential impact to your institution and get prepared before the ALLL gets turned on its head.
- Explain the new current expected credit losses (CECL) accounting standard
- Understand the relevant regulatory guidance and resources
- Distinguish between possible methodologies and calculations
- Develop an implementation strategy
- Know how to record the transition adjustment
The new CECL accounting standard is a game-changer in terms of the allowance for loan and lease loss (ALLL) methodology and calculation. Going from an incurred loss model today to an expected loss model tomorrow will most likely result in higher allowances for most financial institutions. It’s imperative that you understand how CECL will impact your financial institution and perform back-testing long before the required adoption in 2023. Are you prepared?
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session is designed for individuals involved in the ALLL calculation and CECL implementation.
- Useful website links to CECL resources
- Employee training log
- Interactive quiz
- PDF of slides and speaker’s contact info for follow-up questions
- Attendance certificate provided to self-report CE credits.
NOTE: All materials are subject to copyright. Transmission, retransmission, or republishing of any webinar to other institutions or those not employed by your agency is prohibited. Print materials may be copied for eligible participants only.
© 2022 FINANCIAL EDUCATION & DEVELOPMENT, INC