Visa Debit Card Chargebacks
StreamedDec 9, 2021Duration90 minutes
See Registration Options
- Unlimited & shareable access starting
two business days after live stream
- Available on desktop, mobile & tablet devices 24/7
- Take-away toolkit
- Ability to download webinar video
- Presenter's contact info for questions
The Visa debit card chargeback rules are complicated.
Recovering funds from a merchant is partially dependent on following the rules. Since much of this is in your hands, you must learn the ins and outs of Visa chargeback rules and timeframes to avoid losses for your institution and accountholders.
AFTER THIS WEBINAR YOU’LL BE ABLE TO:
- Differentiate types of POS transactions
- Analyze exception-related transaction data in an authorization message
- Identify documents needed for the most common chargeback reasons
- Explain the dispute resolution cycle and maximum timeframes
- Distinguish fraud-related from non-fraud-related cardholder claims
- Name the chargeback reason codes used most often
Visa dispute resolution rules are complex. When it comes to fraud-related chargebacks, your organization’s ability to recover funds from a merchant will vary based on the authorization’s transaction data. Failure to adhere to the rules and time limits can result in a loss of chargeback rights, and potentially a financial loss for you or your cardholder.
What information do you need from the cardholder? How do you determine when chargeback rights are available? How are non-fraud-related claims different? What happens when you cannot recover funds from the merchant through a chargeback? Join us to learn the answers to these questions and more.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session is designed for operations professionals at financial institutions that issue Visa debit cards. The content is suited for staff responsible for any aspect of cardholder exception claims.
- Sample cardholder dispute form
- Quick reference comparison of Regulation E and Visa rules
- List of reference websites, including the Visa operating rules that contain dispute resolution details
- Employee training log
- Interactive quiz
- PDF of slides and speaker’s contact info for follow-up questions
- Attendance certificate provided to self-report CE credits.
NOTE: All materials are subject to copyright. Transmission, retransmission, or republishing of any webinar to other institutions or those not employed by your agency is prohibited. Print materials may be copied for eligible participants only.
© 2022 FINANCIAL EDUCATION & DEVELOPMENT, INC