Top 10 Hot Spots on Compliance Exams
StreamedJun 13, 2023Duration90 minutes
See Registration Options
- Unlimited & shareable access starting two business days after live stream
- Available on desktop, mobile & tablet devices 24/7
- Take-away toolkit
- Ability to download webinar video
- Presenter's contact info for questions
Pitfalls, landmines, danger zones… call them what you like, but everyone wants to avoid (or not repeat) costly compliance mistakes.
This program will examine the top 10 examination hot spots so you can steer clear of any potential hazards.
AFTER THIS WEBINAR YOU’LL BE ABLE TO:
- Examine agency-issued publications to stay abreast of recent supervisory findings
- Use an exception log to document timely identification and resolution
- Develop monitoring and testing to identify if these are hot spots within your institution
- Identify consumer complaints that may indicate a compliance issue
- Learn from others to detect compliance issues prior to a compliance exam
Compliance hot spots are not a secret! They have been published. This example-packed webinar will cover the top findings identified during compliance examinations. Of utmost importance is knowing where to find the documents regulators use to communicate compliance issues detected during examinations. Next is determining whether these issues are occurring at your institution. As reported in Supervisory Highlights, Issue 28, the CFPB has recently identified a concerning trend where “examiners continue to identify the same violations of law across multiple institutions.” Even if you are aware of these issues, it is important that these guidance documents are discussed during compliance, management, and board meetings and incorporated into your compliance testing.
This webinar will address recent regulatory supervisory publications, including various blogs and publications with insight into compliance exam hot spots. While these documents provide guidance for developing internal audit and monitoring procedures, it is also important to recognize hot spots unique to your institution identified during previous examinations, audits, and consumer complaints. Join us for a look at the top 10 hot spots and learn steps to identify them before they become an issue for your institution!
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session is designed for risk managers, compliance officers, auditors, and anyone responsible for regulatory compliance.
- Consumer complaint log sample
- UDAAP examples
- Exception tracking log sample
- Agency publications used to share examination findings
- Monitoring form
- Flood worksheet
- Employee training log
- Interactive quiz
- PDF of slides and speaker’s contact info for follow-up questions
- Attendance certificate provided to self-report CE credits
NOTE: All materials are subject to copyright. Transmission, retransmission, or republishing of any webinar to other institutions or those not employed by your institution is prohibited. Print materials may be copied for eligible participants only.
"The webinar had useful examples and the sample documents that we can utilize."
- Roberta, The Atlanta National Bank
Brode Consulting Services, Inc.
© 2023 FINANCIAL EDUCATION & DEVELOPMENT, INC