Supervisory Priorities 2023
StreamedMar 23, 2023Duration90 minutes
See Registration Options
- Unlimited & shareable access starting two business days after live stream
- Available on desktop, mobile & tablet devices 24/7
- Take-away toolkit
- Ability to download webinar video
- Presenter's contact info for questions
ALERT! Fallout From the March 10, 2023, Silicon Valley Bank Failure Begins
Congress is looking for more regulation and the FDIC is considering changes to the examination process in the wake of finger pointing and second guessing. Join us for a snapshot of what we know right now and receive practical guidance to prepare for added regulatory scrutiny.
Regular examinations are a simple fact of life for all financial institutions. But does that mean you are powerless to influence the process? No! Focused preparation based on a keen understanding of the process will reduce the attendant frustrations and fear. This webinar will explain how to navigate the exam as well as the best available strategies to present your business plan and mission to examiners.
AFTER THIS WEBINAR YOU’LL BE ABLE TO:
- Understand the focus of FDIC and FRB examinations in 2023
- Appreciate the impact of the recent supervisory priorities
- Employ improved examination preparation strategies
- Access more examination resources
- Discuss the ripple effects of the recent SVB failure from Wall Street to Main Street
Watch out! Your examination team has a new set of marching orders for 2023. Big or small, well run or not, every bank will undergo regular and rhythmical examinations. Fortunately, this is an open book exam! The Risk Management Manual of Examination Policies, Commercial Bank Examination Manual and Consumer Compliance Examination Manual offer a bird’s-eye view of the entire process. A well-prepared bank can reduce stress and increase exam efficiency, which puts you in a position to tell your story effectively rather than defending every operational decision and accounting entry from the rigors of a “safety and soundness” review.
Imagine being able to maximize the examination cycle rather than dread it. Join financial services attorney and examination veteran, David Reed, as he guides you through the new technology and examination strategies that will help you thrive during the next examination. From available resources to a review of recent examination changes, this is a must-attend webinar for every institution.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session is designed for senior executives, directors, Audit Committee members, managers, compliance staff, audit staff, and anyone involved with the examination process.
Recent FDIC supervisory highlights
- Recent FRB examination and supervision updates
- Regulatory guidance on examinations
- Checklist of FDIC and FRB resources
- Employee training log
- Interactive quiz
- PDF of slides and speaker’s contact info for follow-up questions
- Attendance certificate provided to self-report CE credits
NOTE: All materials are subject to copyright. Transmission, retransmission, or republishing of any webinar to other institutions or those not employed by your institution is prohibited. Print materials may be copied for eligible participants only.
"Lots of great resources shared, with insights on what the resources could help with. Plus David brought a ton of energy and excitement to his presentation."
- Julie, Park Bank
David A. Reed
Reed & Jolly, PLLC
© 2023 FINANCIAL EDUCATION & DEVELOPMENT, INC