Regulation CC for Tellers
StreamedSep 6, 2023Duration90 minutes
See Registration Options
- Unlimited & shareable access starting two business days after live stream
- Available on desktop, mobile & tablet devices 24/7
- Take-away toolkit
- Ability to download webinar video
- Presenter's contact info for questions
Reg CC issues abound. They take up a large share of each teller’s day.
Despite its prevalence, there are many Reg CC misconceptions that are yet to be debunked – which can result in losses for your financial institution. Join this A-to-Z, jam-packed program to learn about definitions, disclosures, holds, substitute checks, and how to avoid errors. All participants will receive an in-depth Reg CC handbook.
AFTER THIS WEBINAR YOU’LL BE ABLE TO:
- Define terms, including next-day item, local checks, banking days, and business days
- Count days
- Decide whether to hold or not
- Place holds on cashier’s, Treasury, and official checks
- Know how to place a new-account hold
- Place large deposit, reasonable cause, and repeated overdraft holds
- Handle mobile deposits, endorsements, and substitute checks
- Read and understand your disclosures
Financial institutions take losses daily because of the many misconceptions about check holds. In 1993, the regulation changed so that holds can be placed on Treasury checks and cashier’s checks. But many financial institutions still believe they cannot because of a misunderstanding about the definition of a next-day item. This program will look at what you can and what you cannot do under Regulation CC. It will clear up the misinformation that is still circulating and help your institution place legitimate holds on checks when necessary. You won’t want to miss this A to Z on Regulation CC for tellers.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session is designed for frontline staff, new accounts personnel, deposit operations employees, auditors, and compliance officers.
- Regulation CC handbook with quizzes, flowcharts, and tables to assist in holds
- Employee training log
- Interactive quiz
- PDF of slides and speaker’s contact info for follow-up questions
- Attendance certificate provided to self-report CE credits
NOTE: All materials are subject to copyright. Transmission, retransmission, or republishing of any webinar to other institutions or those not employed by your institution is prohibited. Print materials may be copied for eligible participants only
"Speaker was very knowledgeable and very easy to understand."
- Katelyn, Family Bank
Deborah L. Crawford
© 2023 FINANCIAL EDUCATION & DEVELOPMENT, INC