Record Retention & Destruction Policy & Timeframes
StreamedAug 31, 2023Duration90 minutes
See Registration Options
- Unlimited & shareable access starting two business days after live stream
- Available on desktop, mobile & tablet devices 24/7
- Take-away toolkit
- Ability to download webinar video
- Presenter's contact info for questions
Record retention is serious business. Are you complying with your institution’s policy?
Are you retaining documents long enough? Or are you hanging onto “special” items that are past their destruction date? Join us to learn more from a legal expert.
AFTER THIS WEBINAR YOU’LL BE ABLE TO:
- Implement the elements of an effective record retention and destruction policy
- Explain the various laws which require a designated time period for document retention
- Understand the designated retention time periods for retention under each law
- Identify the document retention timeframes that do not fit within a specific category
- Distinguish the special rules for record retention when regulatory action or litigation is threatened
Various federal and state laws mandate the retention of specific documents and records for a designated time period. Unfortunately, these laws overlap and conflict, causing confusion. In the past, some institutions simply retained all records permanently “to be on the safe side.” That isn’t practical today and retaining all records can actually cause harm. All institutions must have a systematic record retention and destruction policy to comply with the law. This webinar will explain the legal retention period requirements and the practical considerations for both electronic and paper document retention and destruction.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session is designed for deposit and loan staff, operations personnel, compliance staff, managers, auditors, and anyone else responsible for creating record retention policies and responding to document requests.
- Sample record retention and destruction policy, including the specific timeframes mandated by federal law
- Supplemental handout covering your state’s specific time period requirements
- Employee training log
- Interactive quiz
- PDF of slides and speaker’s contact info for follow-up questions
- Attendance certificate provided to self-report CE credits
NOTE: All materials are subject to copyright. Transmission, retransmission, or republishing of any webinar to other institutions or those not employed by your institution is prohibited. Print materials may be copied for eligible participants only.
"This webinar was excellent, it covered all it needed. The speaker was clear and kept your attention. She was very knowledgeable and answered all questions."
- Tammy, Security Bank
Spencer Fane LLP
© 2024 FINANCIAL EDUCATION & DEVELOPMENT, INC