Notary Essentials, Virtual Notarizations & Legalities
StreamedNov 16, 2023Duration90 minutes
See Registration Options
- Unlimited & shareable access starting two business days after live stream
- Available on desktop, mobile & tablet devices 24/7
- Take-away toolkit
- Ability to download webinar video
- Presenter's contact info for questions
Notaries are the unsung champions of countless transactions and contracts.
Their willingness to assume personal liability for each notarization underscores the importance of compliantly fulfilling their duties. That includes following the rules for electronic, virtual, and remote notarizations. This must-attend session will delve into the details.
AFTER THIS WEBINAR, YOU’LL BE ABLE TO:
- Understand the basic duties and responsibilities of a notary
- Explain the requirements for virtual notarizations
- Distinguish between remote electronic notarization and remote ink notarization
- Define what is allowed for “physical” presence
- Use this training to avoid liability for your notaries and financial institution
Notaries must fully understand their duties and responsibilities. Individuals assume personal liability when serving as a notary, and their employer (i.e., your financial institution) can also be held liable. This program will teach notaries how to understand and correctly execute their duties and responsibilities. Furthermore, many states have authorized some form of virtual, electronic, and remote notarizations and this program will explain the applicable rules.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session will be beneficial for all notaries and their managers.
- Websites for each state listing notary requirements
- Employee training log
- Interactive quiz
- PDF of slides and speaker’s contact info for follow-up questions
- Attendance certificate provided to self-report CE credits
NOTE: All materials are subject to copyright. Transmission, retransmission, or republishing of any webinar to other institutions or those not employed by your institution is prohibited. Print materials may be copied for eligible participants only.
"The content was a refresher which is always good. There were a few confirmations of rules and/or laws that I felt were reassuring. The presenter was thorough and very knowledgeable."
- Karen, Old Point National Bank
Spencer Fane LLP
© 2023 FINANCIAL EDUCATION & DEVELOPMENT, INC