IRA Beneficiary Designations & Distributions Part A: Proper Handling, Responsibilities & Compliance
March 5, 2024
DateMar 5, 2024Duration90 minutes
08:00 AM PST09:00 AM MST
10:00 AM CST11:00 AM EST
- Unlimited connections for your institution
- Available on desktop, mobile & tablet
- Take-away toolkit
- Presenter’s contact info for questions
See Registration Options
- Unlimited & shareable access starting two business days after live stream
- Available on desktop, mobile & tablet devices 24/7
- Take-away toolkit
- Ability to download webinar video
- Presenter's contact info for questions
IRA beneficiary distributions often come at a stressful time.
Ensuring accurate allocations is always challenging, but doing so can make difficult situations go smoother. So, are you an IRA beneficiary designation and distribution expert? What about the SECURE Act? Attend this two-part series to learn a host of best practices for IRA handling and compliance.
AFTER THIS WEBINAR YOU’LL BE ABLE TO:
Examine the most important considerations when naming IRA beneficiaries
- Per capita versus per stirpes designations
- Minor IRA beneficiary considerations
- Organizations as beneficiaries
- Know how to use beneficiary quick reference charts
- Determine the impacts of divorce or legal separation on IRA accounts
- Identify power of attorney requirements and implications
- Understand community and marital property rules and issues
- Handle the proper titling of beneficiary IRAs and your obligations for IRS Form 5498 death benefit reporting
Join this lively presentation regarding financial organizations’ responsibilities and considerations when handling IRA beneficiary designations and distributions. The SECURE Act, SECURE 2.0, and recent IRS guidance have made dealing with beneficiary rules and distributions more complex and challenging.
In Part A of this two-part session, you will learn about many important traditional and Roth IRA issues, including beneficiary election deadlines and certain reporting obligations. There will also be an overview of IRA beneficiary distribution options for deaths occurring prior to January 1, 2020. Part B will explore beneficiary options for deaths occurring on or after January 1, 2020, in greater detail.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This timely webinar will assist everyone involved with IRA accounts, including service representatives, operations personnel, compliance staff, and administrative personnel. Management, trust department staff, and those who hold insurance or securities licenses will also benefit.
- Employee training log
- Interactive quiz
- PDF of slides and speaker’s contact info for follow-up questions
- Attendance certificate provided to self-report CE credits
NOTE: All materials are subject to copyright. Transmission, retransmission, or republishing of any webinar to other institutions or those not employed by your institution is prohibited. Print materials may be copied for eligible participants only.
LaLoggia Consulting, Inc.
This Webinar Appears In
© 2024 FINANCIAL EDUCATION & DEVELOPMENT, INC