Credit Card Compliance: Issuance, Changes, Statements, Errors & More
StreamedMay 16, 2023Duration90 minutes
See Registration Options
- Unlimited & shareable access starting two business days after live stream
- Available on desktop, mobile & tablet devices 24/7
- Take-away toolkit
- Ability to download webinar video
- Presenter's contact info for questions
Credit cards can be a double-edged sword.
The ease and convenience are countered by the multiple regulatory requirements and consumer protections. There are also Truth in Lending compliance requirements. Join us to learn more, including the special consumer protections that apply in different instances.
AFTER THIS WEBINAR YOU’LL BE ABLE TO:
- Define the term “unauthorized transaction”
- Explain the conditions for issuing a credit card
- Understand the timeframes and steps for resolving errors
- Describe the special rules related to credit cards
- Know if and how rates or fees can be increased
Rules abound when it comes to offering credit cards. There are specific requirements for calculating a consumer’s ability to pay, multiple disclosure requirements, and special rules for handling unauthorized transactions and errors. In addition, special protections apply when consumers use the card to purchase goods or services, when payments are received, and when a cardholder dies. Find out why the same remedies that would be applied to offset funds for other loans may not be available on a credit card. This webinar will also take you through all of the Truth in Lending requirements from application to collection.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session is directed to loan officers, credit card services staff, call center employees, collections staff, compliance personnel, auditors, and employees handling complaints of unauthorized use or errors.
- Unauthorized transaction cheat sheet
- Employee training log
- Interactive quiz
- PDF of slides and speaker’s contact info for follow-up questions
- Attendance certificate provided to self-report CE credits
NOTE: All materials are subject to copyright. Transmission, retransmission, or republishing of any webinar to other institutions or those not employed by your institution is prohibited. Print materials may be copied for eligible participants only.
Compliance Plus, Inc.
© 2023 FINANCIAL EDUCATION & DEVELOPMENT, INC