Junk Fees: Identifying, Eliminating & Compliance Action Plan
October 16, 2023
DateOct 16, 2023Duration90 minutes
08:00 AM PDT09:00 AM MDT
10:00 AM CDT11:00 AM EDT
- Unlimited connections for your institution
- Available on desktop, mobile & tablet
- Take-away toolkit
- Presenter’s contact info for questions
See Registration Options
- Unlimited & shareable access starting two business days after live stream
- Available on desktop, mobile & tablet devices 24/7
- Take-away toolkit
- Ability to download webinar video
- Presenter's contact info for questions
Junk fees have been getting a fair amount of press recently. Where does your institution stand?
Do you have junk fees? Are you planning to eliminate some? How great is your exposure? Attend this webinar and avoid being caught by surprise during your next regulatory exam.
AFTER THIS WEBINAR YOU’LL BE ABLE TO:
- Identify junk fees
- Understand why the CFPB and other agencies consider these fees unfair
- Ascertain your exposure for junk fees
- Identify regulatory hot spots, including overdrafts, student fees, and debt collection
- Change your procedures, policies, and services to reflect the current environment
- Understand the history of CFPB consent orders
- Make an action plan
Does your institution have “junk fees”? Or has the CFPB gone wild? A recent consent order issued by the CFPB shows just how seriously they are taking junk fees. Not only was the bank fined by the CFPB, but also by the OCC. These offenses include repeated charges when an account is overdrawn, student fees, and debt collection practices. This webinar will help you examine your exposure regarding junk fees and know what to do about these practices. Don’t be caught off guard when your regulatory examination happens.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This hot topic will benefit compliance officers, deposit and loan operations staff, branch administration, legal personnel, management, and anyone who deals with accountholder fees and services.
- Research supplement with all the consent orders and CFPB circulars and guidance
- Employee training log
- Interactive quiz
- PDF of slides and speaker’s contact info for follow-up questions
- Attendance certificate provided to self-report CE credits
NOTE: All materials are subject to copyright. Transmission, retransmission, or republishing of any webinar to other institutions or those not employed by your institution is prohibited. Print materials may be copied for eligible participants only.
Deborah L. Crawford
© 2023 FINANCIAL EDUCATION & DEVELOPMENT, INC