Website Compliance: Best Practices & Common Issues
StreamedJul 13, 2023Duration60 minutes
See Registration Options
- Unlimited & shareable access starting two business days after live stream
- Available on desktop, mobile & tablet devices 24/7
- Take-away toolkit
- Ability to download webinar video
- Presenter's contact info for questions
The ADA covers so much more than sidewalk curbs and physical access. Did you know it applies to websites?
Is yours in compliance? This timely webinar will teach you about compliance findings in recent internal audits, how to perform simple web accessibility tests, best practices, and more.
AFTER THIS WEBINAR YOU’LL BE ABLE TO:
- Review your financial institution’s website for common and/or significant violations/exceptions which have been noted in recent website compliance internal audit reports
- Understand the background of the applicability of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) to websites, including current guidance used to evaluate website accessibility
- Implement best-practice recommendations regarding ADA accessibility for websites to ensure you are providing equality and opportunity for individuals with disabilities and to reduce the chances of receiving a demand letter
- Perform simple web accessibility tests to assess basic/limited ADA compliance
Given the ever-growing importance of financial institutions’ websites, as more and more individuals continue to rely upon them to access general information and to perform banking transactions, it is imperative that management stay current with regulatory changes and/or hot topics that could impact the website’s functionality. Management should also become familiar with common violations/exceptions noted during recent website compliance reviews so that they can proactively evaluate their own website. This session will highlight the most common and significant exceptions and violations noted during recent website compliance internal audits.
In addition, with the increased focus on ADA accessibility for business websites, it is imperative for institutions to familiarize themselves with the background and current status of ADA accessibility guidance. This will help ensure your website provides equality and opportunity for individuals with disabilities and reduce the chances of falling victim to ADA accessibility lawsuits.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session is designed for compliance officers, website coordinators, marketing personnel, applicable IT personnel, and any other individuals who are responsible for the institution’s website content and accessibility.
- Checklist of regulations and other areas to review for financial institution website compliance
- Employee training log
- Interactive quiz
- PDF of slides and speaker’s contact info for follow-up questions
- Attendance certificate provided to self-report CE credits
NOTE: All materials are subject to copyright. Transmission, retransmission, or republishing of any webinar to other institutions or those not employed by your institution is prohibited. Print materials may be copied for eligible participants only.
Mauldin & Jenkins, LLC
© 2023 FINANCIAL EDUCATION & DEVELOPMENT, INC