HMDA Part 2: Demographic Collection
StreamedOct 11, 2023Duration60 minutes
See Registration Options
- Unlimited & shareable access starting two business days after live stream
- Available on desktop, mobile & tablet devices 24/7
- Take-away toolkit
- Ability to download webinar video
- Presenter's contact info for questions
Do you know what details to gather when a loan is subject to HMDA? Do the requirements vary by application type?
Part 2 of this three-part series will focus on key HMDA terms and demographic collection, including proper documentation, collection methods, reporting requirements, the implications of different application types, and more!
AFTER THIS WEBINAR YOU’LL BE ABLE TO:
- Use the toolkit resources to successfully complete complex demographic information collection
- Define the terms ethnicity, race, and gender
- Explain the collection process to employees and accountholders
- Distinguish between the requirements for various application channels
- Understand the importance of collecting and reporting accurate information
The Home Mortgage Disclosure Act (HMDA) is a complex and data-driven process. The CFPB has issued FAQs (frequently asked questions – and answers) on multiple topics to clarify the correct codes and collection process. This webinar will provide effective training to help both new employees and experienced staff correctly document the demographic information based on the various types of application submissions. These methods include in-person, phone, internet, and “hybrid” submissions.
Attend all the webinars in this three-part series to gain a broader understanding of HMDA applications, demographic collection, and related commercial loans.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session is designed for all employees who need to understand and manage HMDA reporting, including loan operations staff, loan officers, loan assistants, processors, compliance officers, and auditors.
- Step-by-step data collection definitions and important tips to avoid mistakes
- Tool for taking demographic information
- Employee training log
- Interactive quiz
- PDF of slides and speaker’s contact info for follow-up questions
- Attendance certificate provided to self-report CE credits
NOTE: All materials are subject to copyright. Transmission, retransmission, or republishing of any webinar to other institutions or those not employed by your institution is prohibited. Print materials may be copied for eligible participants only.
"The speaker is excellent and very knowledgeable."
- Anita, Citizens Bank and Trust
"Susan Costonis is a great speaker and very easy to understand."
- Teresa, Somerset Trust Co
Compliance Training & Consulting for Financial Institutions
© 2023 FINANCIAL EDUCATION & DEVELOPMENT, INC