Banking Legal Marijuana Businesses
October 30, 2023
DateOct 30, 2023Duration90 minutes
12:00 PM PDT01:00 PM MDT
02:00 PM CDT03:00 PM EDT
- Unlimited connections for your institution
- Available on desktop, mobile & tablet
- Take-away toolkit
- Presenter’s contact info for questions
See Registration Options
- Unlimited & shareable access starting two business days after live stream
- Available on desktop, mobile & tablet devices 24/7
- Take-away toolkit
- Ability to download webinar video
- Presenter's contact info for questions
Are you up to date with federal and state laws and regulations related to the cannabis and marijuana industry?
Whether you are actively engaged with MRBs or just looking for new business opportunities, this dynamic webinar will have something for you.
AFTER THIS WEBINAR YOU’LL BE ABLE TO:
- Evaluate the current legal landscape of state and federal laws
- Understand the potential impact of marijuana laws on multiple operational areas
- Prepare a marijuana-related business (MRB) due diligence plan
- Determine the proper alignment of policies and procedures
- Assess the benefit of third-party industry expertise
- Appreciate cannabis-related business best practices
The increasing acceptance of marijuana- and cannabis-related products, combined with flexibility within state legal systems, makes it absolutely essential for every financial institution to understand the myriad impacts this changing landscape can have on almost every element of business operations. From lending to deposit accounts and human resources to BSA, you need to understand the landmines and embrace the opportunities presented by this growing field.
Today’s shrinking margins and increased competition (including from fintechs) should have every institution considering expanded business lines or additional income sources and ways to serve your community. One thing that has not changed, however, is the need to perform a thorough risk assessment before embarking on any new adventures. This is especially true with the cannabis industry, as the landscape is continually changing, and more players continue to stream into the marketplace. Join veteran financial services attorney David Reed as he gives a timely overview of the current cannabis industry as it relates to financial services.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session is designed for board members, senior executives, managers, compliance staff, lending staff, deposit account managers, business development personnel, internal auditors, and anyone involved with commercial account activity or marijuana-related businesses.
- MRB due diligence checklist
- Cannabis banking resource guide
- Survey of state cannabis laws
- Recent regulatory guidance
- Employee training log
- Interactive quiz
- PDF of slides and speaker’s contact info for follow-up questions
- Attendance certificate provided to self-report CE credits
NOTE: All materials are subject to copyright. Transmission, retransmission, or republishing of any webinar to other institutions or those not employed by your institution is prohibited. Print materials may be copied for eligible participants only.
David A. Reed
Reed & Jolly, PLLC
© 2023 FINANCIAL EDUCATION & DEVELOPMENT, INC