Advanced SAR Training: Reporting Beyond the Basics
January 16, 2024
DateJan 16, 2024Duration90 minutes
08:00 AM PST09:00 AM MST
10:00 AM CST11:00 AM EST
- Unlimited connections for your institution
- Available on desktop, mobile & tablet
- Take-away toolkit
- Presenter’s contact info for questions
See Registration Options
- Unlimited & shareable access starting two business days after live stream
- Available on desktop, mobile & tablet devices 24/7
- Take-away toolkit
- Ability to download webinar video
- Presenter's contact info for questions
SAR filings remain high for suspicious activity related to convertible virtual currency (CVC) fraud, elder financial exploitation, identity theft, marijuana-related businesses, and cyber incidents.
Your institution is required to file these SARs in a complete, thorough, and timely manner. But in a form with 95 fields and an open narrative, filing an accurate SAR can seem overwhelming… until you attend this webinar.
AFTER THIS WEBINAR YOU’LL BE ABLE TO:
- Identify red flags for emerging fraud areas and determine when filing a SAR is necessary
- Write an effective SAR narrative containing all required components detailed in recent advisories and guidance
- Understand how recent FinCEN advisories impact the SAR filing procedures
- Correct errors on previously filed reports
- Use provided tools to review SARs for accuracy before filing with FinCEN
This session will deep dive into how to properly complete a SAR for frequently reported suspicious activities and fraud. It will address what needs to be included, field-by-field, and how to make the SAR an effective vehicle for delivering information to law enforcement. It will review how to write an effective SAR narrative by looking at both good and not-so-good examples. You’ll learn procedures and best practices for determining when to file, what to do after filing, and what to do if you decide not to file. This jam-packed session will ensure your institution is ready and raring to go for filing the next SAR!
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session is designed for BSA officers, compliance officers, internal auditors, and anyone responsible for managing your BSA/AML program.
- Reference chart for recent FinCEN SAR-filing guidance
- Sample SAR completion procedures
- Suspicious activity report FAQs
- SAR review checklist
- Sample suspicious incident report
- Employee training log
- Interactive quiz
- PDF of slides and speaker’s contact info for follow-up questions
- Attendance certificate provided to self-report CE credits
NOTE: All materials are subject to copyright. Transmission, retransmission, or republishing of any webinar to other institutions or those not employed by your institution is prohibited. Print materials may be copied for eligible participants only.
Brode Consulting Services Inc
© 2023 FINANCIAL EDUCATION & DEVELOPMENT, INC