Ability to Repay: Qualified Mortgages & TILA RESPA Disclosures
October 26, 2022
DateOct 26, 2022Duration90 minutes
12:00 PM PDT01:00 PM MDT
02:00 PM CDT03:00 PM EDT
- Unlimited connections for your institution
- Available on desktop, mobile & tablet
- Take-away toolkit
- Presenter’s contact info for questions
See Registration Options
- Unlimited & shareable access starting
two business days after live stream
- Available on desktop, mobile & tablet devices 24/7
- Take-away toolkit
- Ability to download webinar video
- Presenter's contact info for questions
Mortgage lending can be described as detail-driven, document-dependent, and compliance-critical.
Knowledge is power – especially when there are changes. Is your program up to snuff?
AFTER THIS WEBINAR YOU’LL BE ABLE TO:
- Outline the eight factors to consider when determining a borrower’s ability to repay
- List the types of documentation used to verify
income and assets
- Define a change of circumstance that allows increased closing costs
- Explain the difference between Lender Credit placement on the Loan Estimate and the Closing Disclosure
- Distinguish between ability to repay requirements and qualified mortgage requirements
- Describe the characteristics of a “seasoned” qualified mortgage
Mortgage lending has some of the most intense regulatory requirements of any financial product or service. It is critical for mortgage lenders to keep up with changes to the process. Recent changes include the addition of the “seasoned” qualified mortgage and the replacement of the static 43% DTI threshold for a qualified mortgage with a slightly more complex, but more consumer-friendly, maximum rate requirement. This webinar will explore the protections provided to lenders when a qualified mortgage is made, when loan costs can and cannot increase, and whether a revised Loan Estimate is allowed or required.
- Ability to repay and qualified mortgages quick reference
of circumstance chart
- Internet resource list
- Employee training log
- Interactive quiz
- PDF of slides and speaker’s contact info for follow-up questions
- Attendance certificate provided to self-report CE credits
NOTE: All materials are subject to copyright. Transmission, retransmission, or republishing of any webinar to other institutions or those not employed by your institution is prohibited. Print materials may be copied for eligible participants only.
Compliance Plus, Inc.
© 2022 FINANCIAL EDUCATION & DEVELOPMENT, INC