Opening Nonprofit Accounts Compliantly
StreamedJul 31, 2023Duration90 minutes
See Registration Options
- Unlimited & shareable access starting two business days after live stream
- Available on desktop, mobile & tablet devices 24/7
- Take-away toolkit
- Ability to download webinar video
- Presenter's contact info for questions
Many different groups rely on nonprofit accounts, including clubs, charities, formal organizations, benefits, and the list goes on.
Because they can be so specialized, they need special (informed) treatment. Do you know some of the differences on signature cards or required documentation? Who can access and sign? Attend this highly informative webinar to learn the dos and don’ts to stay in compliance.
- How to set up accounts for formal nonprofit corporations, informal clubs, charities, homeowners associations, campaigns, and tragedy or benefit funds
- Signature cards, resolutions, and documentation required on each type of account
- TIN for entities using the parent organization’s TIN
- How to obtain a TIN
- BSA requirements for nonprofit organizations
- Common errors and signature card problems
- What to do/document when signers change or move away
- Insurance issues
- Special issues on public funds
From clubs to campaigns, these organization accounts have different rules and procedures for each type. Learn how to compliantly set up accounts for a wide variety of nonprofit organizations, associations, and corporations. This program is a must for those who open accounts for community, civic, and fundraising organizations. Documentation and signature card dos and don’ts will be covered so you can document authority, liability, and ongoing signatory rights on each.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session will be useful for new account representatives, service representatives, branch administration, branch operations staff, branch managers, personal bankers, BSA and compliance staff, and anyone who opens new accounts.
- New accounts manual
- Employee training log
- Interactive quiz
- PDF of slides and speaker’s contact info for follow-up questions
- Attendance certificate provided to self-report CE credits
NOTE: All materials are subject to copyright. Transmission, retransmission, or republishing of any webinar to other institutions or those not employed by your institution is prohibited. Print materials may be copied for eligible participants only.
"Deborah was quick and to the point in all aspects! Slowed down to answer questions and answered them fluently! Thanks!"
- Jody, Nebraska Bank
"I am now much more clear on the difference in the types of Non Profits and the requirements for each. All of the different scenarios helped me to understand it better."
- Rachel, Greenfield Banking Company
Deborah L. Crawford
© 2023 FINANCIAL EDUCATION & DEVELOPMENT, INC