Standard Flood Hazard Determination Form Line-by-Line
StreamedMar 21, 2023Duration90 minutes
See Registration Options
- Unlimited & shareable access starting two business days after live stream
- Available on desktop, mobile & tablet devices 24/7
- Take-away toolkit
- Ability to download webinar video
- Presenter's contact info for questions
The epic flooding across the country this year has brought flood procedures and compliance front and center.
This line-by-line webinar will provide a host of tips, tools, and best practices for wading through the first wave of flood compliance and accurately completing the SFHDF.
AFTER THIS WEBINAR YOU’LL BE ABLE TO:
- Understand the critical timing requirements related to the flood determination process
- Identify valuable information listed on the SFHDF
- Explain why the flood zone is no longer listed on a national flood insurance policy
- Reference the Interagency Questions and Answers Regarding Flood Insurance applicable to the SFHDF process
- Determine when an institution can rely on a previously issued determination
- Describe what generates a Letter of Map Change
- Use FEMA’s website to obtain flood map information
- Request additional supporting materials from your determination service provider to verify existing loans located in a special flood hazard area
- Recognize possible action steps to change a flood map
A Standard Flood Hazard Determination Form (SFHDF) appears simple, but it is essential that lending staff has a strong understanding of its contents because it begins the process for meeting the Flood Disaster Protection Act requirements. This understanding includes recognizing when to obtain the initial determination, appropriately acting upon the information received, and providing the proper notice. In addition, this session will explore FEMA’s map tool and explain how to request a flood map change. It will also review materials that can be requested from your determination company to aid in identifying structure location and your institution’s loans located in a special flood hazard area.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session is designed for real estate lenders, loan processors, compliance staff, and audit personnel.
- Explanation of flood zones
- Procedures for use of a prior SFHDF
- Flood notice checklist
- Instructions on how to determine if there has been a flood map change
- Map change letter samples
- Interagency Questions and Answers Regarding Flood Insurance separated by section for easy reference
- Special flood hazard area loan worksheet
- Employee training log
- Interactive quiz
- PDF of slides and speaker’s contact info for follow-up questions
- Attendance certificate provided to self-report CE credits
NOTE: All materials are subject to copyright. Transmission, retransmission, or republishing of any webinar to other institutions or those not employed by your institution is prohibited. Print materials may be copied for eligible participants only.
"Ms. Stull was very clear and concise with the flood information being presented. She made sure to provide user friendly examples which provided clarity for reference. I love learning new things especially for flood and this webinar was no exception. Very informative!"
- Alma, Vantage Bank Texas
Brode Consulting Services, Inc.
© 2023 FINANCIAL EDUCATION & DEVELOPMENT, INC