Required Compliance for Commercial Loans Secured by Real Estate
StreamedOct 15, 2021Duration90 minutes
See Registration Options
- Unlimited & shareable access starting
two business days after live stream
- Available on desktop, mobile & tablet devices 24/7
- Take-away toolkit
- Ability to download webinar video
- Presenter's contact info for questions
Gain a greater understanding of commercial loan applications...
...including real estate-secured loans, during this jam-packed program. Real-life examples will be used to demonstrate how regulations apply and how to comply.
AFTER THIS WEBINAR YOU’LL BE ABLE TO:
- Understand and avoid commercial loan violation “hot spots,” including fair housing, Regulation B, Flood Disaster Protection Act, Fair Credit Reporting Act, accommodation loans, HMDA, and insider lending
- Use the toolkit resources to comply with requirements when real estate is taken as collateral, including the Reg B appraisal copy rules on first-lien 1-4 family dwellings
- Correctly identify “detached structure” coverage for flood insurance
- Explain the documentation requirements for beneficial ownership rules to legal entity loan applicants and complete the required certification process
- Distinguish between business- and consumer-purpose loan requests
- Understand the HMDA requirements for business-purpose loans
Which regulations apply to commercial loans? What if a loan is secured by real estate? Are there exceptions when real estate is taken as “an abundance of caution”? Can examiners assess civil money penalties for violations? Do your commercial lenders and support staff understand the data collection required for HMDA-reportable applications? Is a written application required for a business-purpose loan? Join us to learn the answers to these questions and more.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session will benefit loan officers, loan assistants, loan operations staff, compliance officers, auditors, and trainers.
- Matrix of 28 loan types, including required disclosures for both consumer and commercial loans with explanations about real estate-secured loans
- Guide that outlines which compliance regulations apply to commercial credit and the exemptions for certain rules
- Commercial loan application template
- Employee training log
- Interactive quiz
- PDF of slides and speaker’s contact info for follow-up questions
Attendance certificate provided to self-report CE credits.
NOTE: All materials are subject to copyright. Transmission, retransmission, or republishing of any webinar to other institutions or those not employed by your agency is prohibited. Print materials may be copied for eligible participants only.
Compliance Training & Consulting for Financial Institutions
© 2022 FINANCIAL EDUCATION & DEVELOPMENT, INC