Reducing Mortgage Delinquency: Proactive Protection of the Bottom Line
StreamedMay 10, 2022Duration90 minutes
See Registration Options
- Unlimited & shareable access starting two business days after live stream
- Available on desktop, mobile & tablet devices 24/7
- Take-away toolkit
- Ability to download webinar video
- Presenter's contact info for questions
There’s a change in the wind regarding mortgage delinquency.
Many months of mild collection efforts, generous forbearance agreements, regulatory ambivalence, and government relief have reduced the impact of the economic situation on borrowers. But this season is quickly ending, and a storm is coming. Are you prepared for what happens next?
AFTER THIS WEBINAR YOU’LL BE ABLE TO:
- Understand the essential elements of real estate collections
- Learn a systematic approach to real estate collections
- Appreciate the impact of new lending rules
- Evaluate the range of workout possibilities
- Avoid the most common real estate collection landmines
Every delinquent loan is important, but real estate loans must take top priority because of their size and complexity. It seems nothing is ever easy with a bad real estate loan. You have mounting regulations on one side, a troubled borrower on the other, and the financial institution stuck in the middle with its balance sheet increasingly at risk. It gets worse. Lawmakers, regulators, and consumer protection attorneys are keeping an eager eye on your real estate portfolios and particularly the collections and foreclosure processes to “protect” the consumer. More than a few collections attempts have opened the door to lawsuits against an institution.
Your institution has too much at stake to lose rescue opportunities for real estate loans or make a fatal error during foreclosure. This interactive session will journey through the hazy labyrinth of laws, rules, regulations, and best practices surrounding the real estate collections process. From understanding the best communications methods and tactics to appreciating the most effective recovery strategy, this session will provide valuable guidance and insight that will save you time, effort, and money! Join us for a walk through the new world of managing mortgage delinquency.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This session is designed for executives, managers, internal auditors, lending staff, collections managers, collectors, compliance officers, and anyone involved in the real estate collections and foreclosure processes.
- Real estate workout worksheet
- Regulatory guidance
- Examination guidance
- Employee training log
- Interactive quiz
- PDF of slides and speaker’s contact info for follow-up questions
- Attendance certificate provided to self-report CE credits
NOTE: All materials are subject to copyright. Transmission, retransmission, or republishing of any webinar to other institutions or those not employed by your institution is prohibited. Print materials may be copied for eligible participants only.
David A. Reed
Reed & Jolly, PLLC
© 2023 FINANCIAL EDUCATION & DEVELOPMENT, INC