Real Estate Escrow Accounts & Flood Insurance
- Unlimited & shareable access starting two business days after live stream
- Available on desktop, mobile & tablet devices 24/7
- Take-away toolkit
- Ability to download webinar video
- Presenter's contact info for questions
Proper handling of escrow accounts and flood insurance is critical.
- Calculate the amount of flood insurance coverage and escrow payments
- Use the escrow account and flood insurance model forms
- Define when flood insurance is required
- Explain when insurance can be force-placed
- Distinguish between the requirements for shortages and deficiency replenishments on escrow
Improper handling of escrow accounts and flood insurance has led to enforcement actions and litigations. Escrow for taxes and insurance (AKA impound accounts), whether voluntary or required, comes with a host of calculation and notification requirements. The same is true for flood insurance. Unfortunately, mistakes and miscalculations can cause examination issues, consumer complaints, and risk. This webinar will explore these two issues from initial calculation and notice requirements to ongoing annual and other requirements.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session is directed to staff members who deal with initial and ongoing escrow and flood insurance requirements and notices, as well as those who work with outside third parties charged with these responsibilities. Audit, compliance, and risk management staff will also benefit.
- Escrow and flood calculation examples
- Links to online model notices and forms
- Timeline references
- Employee training log
- Interactive quiz
- PDF of slides and speaker’s contact info for follow-up questions
- Attendance certificate provided to self-report CE credits.
NOTE: All materials are subject to copyright. Transmission, retransmission, or republishing of any webinar to other institutions or those not employed by your financial institution is prohibited. Print materials may be copied for eligible participants only.