Provisional Credit Under Reg E: Rules, Best Practices & FAQs
StreamedMar 29, 2023Duration90 minutes
See Registration Options
- Unlimited & shareable access starting two business days after live stream
- Available on desktop, mobile & tablet devices 24/7
- Take-away toolkit
- Ability to download webinar video
- Presenter's contact info for questions
Your accountholder is alleging an EFT error. Now what?
Are you required to provide provisional credit? Are there deadlines? What information is required? What if the accountholder won’t cooperate? How does the situation get resolved? Do you know the answer to all these questions? If not, we can remedy that!
AFTER THIS WEBINAR YOU’LL BE ABLE TO:
- Understand what constitutes an unauthorized transaction for purposes of provisional credit under Reg E
- Distinguish between what you can and can’t require of consumers before giving provisional credit
- Explain the specific deadlines for completing investigations and providing provisional credit
- Determine the proper dollar amount of provisional credit required by Reg E
- Use the best practices for providing provisional credit under Reg E
Regulation E protects consumers from unauthorized electronic funds transfers (EFTs) by requiring your institution to investigate alleged unauthorized EFTs and to provide accountholders with provisional credit within specific deadlines. Did you know that your institution is obligated to conduct an investigation even though your accountholder won’t cooperate? Did you know your institution is obligated to provide provisional credit within the standard deadlines even though you haven’t received sufficient information from your core processor to conduct an investigation? Conversely, did you know that you aren’t required to provide provisional credit if the accountholder won’t sign a simple written statement regarding the alleged unauthorized EFT? This webinar will explain how to determine when your institution is required to provide provisional credit and in what amount.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session will benefit all deposit personnel, tellers, service representatives, new accounts staff, account officers, managers, auditors, attorneys, and compliance personnel.
- Detailed sample form of investigation procedures including specific deadlines for providing provisional credit
- Easy-to-follow matrix to determine the dollar amount of provisional credit
- Employee training log
- Interactive quiz
- PDF of slides and speaker’s contact info for follow-up questions
- Attendance certificate provided to self-report CE credits
NOTE: All materials are subject to copyright. Transmission, retransmission, or republishing of any webinar to other institutions or those not employed by your institution is prohibited. Print materials may be copied for eligible participants only.
"Illustrations of all of the basic components associated with REG E were clear and concise. Great information for those more familiar with the process to reaffirm their understanding. For those individuals less familiar with the process it provided a great starting point. I also liked the optional quiz as it documents the understanding of what was presented."
- Lynn, Northwest Bank & Trust Company
Spencer Fane LLP
© 2023 FINANCIAL EDUCATION & DEVELOPMENT, INC