Protecting the SBA Guarantee Start to Finish
January 10, 2023
DateJan 10, 2023Duration90 minutes
12:00 PM PST01:00 PM MST
02:00 PM CST03:00 PM EST
- Unlimited connections for your institution
- Available on desktop, mobile & tablet
- Take-away toolkit
- Presenter’s contact info for questions
See Registration Options
- Unlimited & shareable access starting two business days after live stream
- Available on desktop, mobile & tablet devices 24/7
- Take-away toolkit
- Ability to download webinar video
- Presenter's contact info for questions
Protecting the SBA guarantee is critical to lenders and borrowers alike.
But the rules are shifting to modernize the 7(a) loan program. This presentation will acquaint you with the changes… before more come down the pike.
AFTER THIS WEBINAR YOU’LL BE ABLE TO:
- Understand recent proposed SBA rules and new SOP guidance
- Identify the key eligibility issues in underwriting an SBA loan
- Correct common closing and funding mistakes that impair a lender’s guaranty
- Ensure your liquidation procedures are aligned with SBA guidelines
- Review the fundamentals of a guaranty purchase package
New rules are being adopted by the U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA) to streamline and increase access to capital for small businesses. While modernizing the 7(a) loan program is a welcome change, implementation of the new rules may initially create some uncertainty for lenders. This webinar will address the updates and how they will impact underwriting and documenting 7(a) loans. It will identify critical points to preserving and protecting the SBA’s conditional loan guaranty in a shifting credit market. Lenders’ responsibilities for servicing their existing SBA loan portfolio will be reinforced and tips for confidently navigating the SBA loan guaranty purchase process will be provided.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session is designed for board members, directors, loan officers, loan closers, administrators, and personnel responsible for underwriting, closing, post-closing, servicing, and liquidating SBA loans.
- SOP 5010(6)
- SBA Servicing and Liquidation Action 7(a) Lender Matrix
- 7(a) Guaranty Purchase Practice Tabs
- Care and Preservation of Collateral (CPC) Tabs
- Employee training log
- Interactive quiz
- PDF of slides and speaker’s contact info for follow-up questions
- Attendance certificate provided to self-report CE credits
NOTE: All materials are subject to copyright. Transmission, retransmission, or republishing of any webinar to other institutions or those not employed by your institution is prohibited. Print materials may be copied for eligible participants only.
Kimberly A. Rayer
Starfield & Smith, PC
© 2022 FINANCIAL EDUCATION & DEVELOPMENT, INC