Overdrafts Under Fire: Clarifying the Confusion
June 30, 2022
DateJun 30, 2022Duration90 minutes
08:00 AM PDT09:00 AM MDT
10:00 AM CDT11:00 AM EDT
- Unlimited connections for your institution
- Available on desktop, mobile & tablet
- Take-away toolkit
- Presenter’s contact info for questions
See Registration Options
- Unlimited and shareable access
two business days after live streaming
- Available on desktop, mobile & tablet devices 24/7
- Take-away toolkit
- Ability to download webinar video
- Presenter's contact info for questions
Overdrafts have been a hot topic for some time.
What is your policy? Is it changing? What feedback have you gotten from examiners? Join us for an in-depth look at the current guidance and best practices.
AFTER THIS WEBINAR YOU’LL BE ABLE TO:
- Understand regulatory guidance for ad hoc versus automated overdraft programs
- Explain the opt-in/opt-out process required by Regulation E
- Identify the inherent risks of your overdraft program
- Develop effective policy and procedures to support your program
- Effectively report overdraft program details to the board and management
Overdraft programs have always been a hot-button area for examiners – especially for the CFPB, who has had overdraft programs on its radar since its inception. Yet despite the guidance, white papers, and other communications issued by the Agencies, confusion still reigns over which elements apply to the programs individual institutions offer. Regulators want to ensure overdraft program practices do not intentionally or unintentionally result in consumer harm, and you want to protect your institution from UDAAP and other regulatory violations.
This session will review the regulatory guidance in-depth and address best practices for disclosures, fees, accountholder education, and marketing of your overdraft program. It will also review overdraft issues identified through consumer complaints, examinations, and enforcement actions and recommend how to avoid similar missteps.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session is designed for new accounts personnel, branch managers, deposit operations staff, compliance officers, internal auditors, and anyone responsible for your overdraft program.
- Sample overdraft policy language
- Employee training log
- Interactive quiz
- PDF of slides and speaker’s contact info for follow-up questions
- Attendance certificate provided to self-report CE credits
NOTE: All materials are subject to copyright. Transmission, retransmission, or republishing of any webinar to other institutions or those not employed by your agency is prohibited. Print materials may be copied for eligible participants only.
Brode Consulting Services Inc
© 2022 FINANCIAL EDUCATION & DEVELOPMENT, INC