Business Accounts: Setup, Management & Authority
StreamedSep 20, 2023Duration90 minutes
See Registration Options
- Unlimited & shareable access starting two business days after live stream
- Available on desktop, mobile & tablet devices 24/7
- Take-away toolkit
- Ability to download webinar video
- Presenter's contact info for questions
Business accounts require special handling.
Owners need and want a solid partner to handle their financial accounts and provide much-needed products and services. Starting with the onboarding process, they want to have confidence that they have chosen the best institution. Are you the right fit? Take this opportunity to learn what goes into opening and managing business accounts with confidence.
AFTER THIS WEBINAR YOU’LL BE ABLE TO:
- Identify the documentation needed to establish a business account
- Use the correct signature card and disclosures for legal entities
- Define the term Beneficial Ownership
- Explain which taxpayer identification number is needed based on the form of business
- Distinguish between owners and authorized signers
A lot goes into setting up and properly handling business accounts. This webinar will look at the various structures a business can take, the documentation required for each type, the documents necessary to determine authority over the account, and the BSA beneficial ownership requirements. Once opened, your institution is responsible for ensuring that transactions are handled correctly and monitored for unusual or suspicious activity. Oftentimes new or smaller businesses don’t clearly understand the distinction between business and personal transactions or the institution’s need to confirm the authority of persons attempting to transact on behalf of the business.
This session will explore the entire process from onboarding to closing and everything in between. When would an institution need to request updated beneficial ownership or due diligence information? How should requests for changes in authorized signers be handled? What should be done when setting up accounts for multiple businesses operating under one tax ID number? Join us to learn the answers to these questions and more.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session is designed for new accounts personnel, business relationship managers, compliance staff, and auditors.
- Business account opening checklist
- Business account questionnaire
- Business identity theft red flags list
- Employee training log
- Interactive quiz
- PDF of slides and speaker’s contact info for follow-up questions
- Attendance certificate provided to self-report CE credits
NOTE: All materials are subject to copyright. Transmission, retransmission, or republishing of any webinar to other institutions or those not employed by your institution is prohibited. Print materials may be copied for eligible participants only.
Compliance Plus, Inc.
This Webinar Appears In
© 2024 FINANCIAL EDUCATION & DEVELOPMENT, INC