Mortgage Loan Origination: Critical Timing Requirements
StreamedJun 28, 2022Duration90 minutes
See Registration Options
- Unlimited & shareable access starting two business days after live stream
- Available on desktop, mobile & tablet devices 24/7
- Take-away toolkit
- Ability to download webinar video
- Presenter's contact info for questions
Mortgage loan origination is all about the timing.
Take this opportunity to learn the trigger points that start the clock ticking and how long the windows remain open. Discover how to create a proper mortgage loan file. Compliance is crucial to protect your institution and sail through the next exam.
AFTER THIS WEBINAR YOU’LL BE ABLE TO:
- Distinguish between a preapproval and an application
- Explain when to use business days versus calendar days to meet compliance requirements
- Identify triggering events that determine when compliance notices are required
- Recognize the importance of documenting triggering events
- Understand critical regulatory compliance timing requirements
Meeting critical timing requirements is essential during mortgage loan origination. Have you second guessed whether the document’s delivery date is based on business days or calendar days? Do Saturdays count? Is today Day One, or is it tomorrow? In some cases, disclosures can only be provided so far in advance of a triggering event, while other documents must be provided so many days after an event.
Compilation of a compliant loan file can be so confusing! The process is definitely dependent upon understanding the numerous timing requirements that go beyond those required by TRID. This webinar will take a deep dive into the critical loan compliance timing constraints related to the delivery and receipt of mortgage loan documents during the origination process. Understanding how to create a sequentially dated mortgage loan file will ensure you are better prepared for the next examination or compliance review!
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session is designed for mortgage lenders and processors, as well as those responsible for auditing and reviewing loan files, including compliance officers and internal auditors.
- Application triggers outlined by regulation
- Mortgage loan flow chart
- Sample changed circumstance form
- Flood insurance calculation worksheet
- Sample mortgage loan checklist
- Employee training log
- Interactive quiz
- PDF of slides and speaker’s contact info for follow-up questions
- Attendance certificate provided to self-report CE credits
NOTE: All materials are subject to copyright. Transmission, retransmission, or republishing of any webinar to other institutions or those not employed by your agency is prohibited. Print materials may be copied for eligible participants only.
"I've attended many webinars on this subject. This was, by far, the best. Short, to the point, and very well executed."
- First Port City Bank
"Very informative. The example forms and flow charts are great tools!"
Brode Consulting Services, Inc.
© 2023 FINANCIAL EDUCATION & DEVELOPMENT, INC