Mortgage Lending Compliance Overview
StreamedNov 15, 2022Duration90 minutes
See Registration Options
- Unlimited & shareable access starting two business days after live stream
- Available on desktop, mobile & tablet devices 24/7
- Take-away toolkit
- Ability to download webinar video
- Presenter's contact info for questions
The mortgage lending process is a complicated web of rules, disclosures, timeframes, appraisals, contracts, and more.
Each strand is intricately woven together with the others. Can you successfully navigate the compliance complexities or will you hit a snag?
AFTER THIS WEBINAR YOU’LL BE ABLE TO:
- Understand the requirements for adverse action notices
- Define “finance charge” and understand how it affects the loan’s APR
- Explain the three-day right of rescission and know when it applies and how it is calculated
- Distinguish between services the borrower can shop for and the lender selects
- Recognize when an affiliated business disclosure must be provided
- Describe what constitutes a valid change of circumstance
From application through closing, a variety of laws, rules, and regulations apply to the mortgage lending process. This webinar will cover it all, including fair lending, advance disclosure timing requirements, gathering government monitoring information, appraisal requirements, handling changes, and knowing when revising disclosures is permissible and when it is not. This webinar will touch on all the important issues regarding the generation of first and subordinate lien loans and home equity lines of credit (HELOCs).
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session is designed for mortgage loan officers, processors, originators, employees responsible for HELOCs, compliance staff, and audit professionals.
- Fair lending model policy
- Finance charge chart
- Adverse action table
- Links to internet resources
- Employee training log
- Interactive quiz
- PDF of slides and speaker’s contact info for follow-up questions
- Attendance certificate provided to self-report CE credits
NOTE: All materials are subject to copyright. Transmission, retransmission, or republishing of any webinar to other institutions or those not employed by your institution is prohibited. Print materials may be copied for eligible participants only.
Compliance Plus, Inc.
© 2023 FINANCIAL EDUCATION & DEVELOPMENT, INC