IRA Beneficiary Designations & Distributions Part A: Proper Handling, Responsibilities & Compliance
StreamedMar 2, 2023Duration90 minutes
See Registration Options
- Unlimited & shareable access starting two business days after live stream
- Available on desktop, mobile & tablet devices 24/7
- Take-away toolkit
- Ability to download webinar video
- Presenter's contact info for questions
Are you an IRA beneficiary distribution expert?
Well, the SECURE Act has ensured that beneficiary designations and distributions are even more complicated. If IRAs are your bailiwick, the compliance and practical information in this two-part program will be invaluable.
AFTER THIS WEBINAR YOU’LL BE ABLE TO:
- Know the considerations when naming IRA beneficiaries
- Per capita vs. per stirpes designations
- Minor IRA beneficiary considerations
- Organizations as beneficiaries
- Review the beneficiary options on the quick reference chart
- Consider divorce and power of attorney issues
- Understand community and marital property state rules and issues
- Handle and report beneficiary death distributions
Join this lively presentation regarding financial organizations’ responsibilities and considerations when handling IRA beneficiary designations and distributions. The SECURE Act has made beneficiary rules and distributions more complex and challenging. In Part A of this two-part session, you will learn about many important traditional and Roth IRA issues, including beneficiary election deadlines and certain reporting obligations. There will also be an overview of IRA beneficiary distribution options for deaths occurring prior to January 1, 2020. Part B will explore beneficiary options for deaths occurring on or after January 1, 2020, in greater detail.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This webinar will benefit anyone involved with IRA accounts, including service representatives, operations staff, compliance staff, and administrative personnel. Management, trust department staff, and licensed insurance and securities personnel will also benefit from this timely session.
- Employee training log
- Interactive quiz
- PDF of slides and speaker’s contact info for follow-up questions
- Attendance certificate provided to self-report CE credits
NOTE: All materials are subject to copyright. Transmission, retransmission, or republishing of any webinar to other institutions or those not employed by your institution is prohibited. Print materials may be copied for eligible participants only.
"Frank, was very knowledgeable and shared large amounts of information that we have been waiting to learn more on. We especially enjoyed the section on the 10 Year Rule and the Beneficiary Options for Deaths Occurring On or After January 1,2020. Absolutely excellent!"
- Lea, Farmers & Merchants Bank & Trust
LaLoggia Consulting, Inc.
This Webinar Appears In
© 2023 FINANCIAL EDUCATION & DEVELOPMENT, INC