Handling Court-Ordered Accounts: Estates, Guardianships, Conservatorships & Bankruptcy
StreamedOct 25, 2022Duration90 minutes
See Registration Options
- Unlimited & shareable access starting two business days after live stream
- Available on desktop, mobile & tablet devices 24/7
- Take-away toolkit
- Ability to download webinar video
- Presenter's contact info for questions
Special care must be taken when setting up court-ordered accounts.
Understanding who has authority and liability for each type of account is vital. Documentation and CIP can’t be left to chance. This webinar will detail the signature card requirements for each type of account so that you can get it right every time.
- What an attorney-in-fact can and can’t do
- How to add an attorney-in-fact to an account
- Guardianships — court-ordered accounts and documentation
- Setting up guardianships – the dos and don’ts
- Estate accounts: Letters of Testamentary and Letters of Administration
- Answers to common questions on how to set up and handle accounts at death
- Executors, guardians, and other caregivers — authority, liability, and paperwork
- Social Security representative payees and veteran accounts
- Government benefit accounts signature card setup
- CIP requirements on all fiduciary accounts
The federal government or a court has just named someone to legally act on behalf of an accountholder. Now what? What can these caregivers and fiduciaries do? What supporting paperwork must each bring? This program will review the setup, documentation, and legal issues involved in these high-risk accounts. Join us to learn how to style each type of account and get the signature card perfect every time.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session will be useful for new account representatives, customer service representatives, branch administration personnel, branch operations staff, branch managers, personal bankers, compliance/BSA staff, and anyone who opens new accounts.
- New accounts manual
- Employee training log
- Interactive quiz
- PDF of slides and speaker’s contact info for follow-up questions
- Attendance certificate provided to self-report CE credits
NOTE: All materials are subject to copyright. Transmission, retransmission, or republishing of any webinar to other institutions or those not employed by your institution is prohibited. Print materials may be copied for eligible participants only.
© 2023 FINANCIAL EDUCATION & DEVELOPMENT, INC