Final ATR/QM Rules: Guidance, ATR Options & Policy Update
January 3, 2023
DateJan 3, 2023Duration90 minutes
08:00 AM PST09:00 AM MST
10:00 AM CST11:00 AM EST
- Unlimited connections for your institution
- Available on desktop, mobile & tablet
- Take-away toolkit
- Presenter’s contact info for questions
See Registration Options
- Unlimited & shareable access starting two business days after live stream
- Available on desktop, mobile & tablet devices 24/7
- Take-away toolkit
- Ability to download webinar video
- Presenter's contact info for questions
Do you have the new ATR/QM rules down pat?
Now that the 43 percent DTI rule is gone, do you know what to do? This webinar will provide the details, options, sample policy, and best practices you need to comply with the final rules.
AFTER THIS WEBINAR YOU’LL BE ABLE TO:
- Understand the requirements of the QM final rules
- Determine which loans are affected by the ATR/QM rules
- Define the qualified mortgage options and conditions for each
- Use best practices and tools to determine a consumer’s ability to repay
- Identify which institutions qualify as “small creditors” and which elements of the QM rules apply
The ATR/QM rules require lenders to make a reasonable, good faith determination of a consumer’s ability to repay any residential mortgage loan. The original general QM rules provided that a borrower’s debt-to-income (DTI) ratio could not exceed 43 percent. However, as of October 1, 2022, financial institutions must adhere to the revised general QM definition which eliminates this restriction and replaces it with priced-based thresholds tiered to the loan amount and lien position.
This session will dive into the details of the final QM rules and provide best practices for how to ensure your policies and procedures accurately reflect the changes. It will also review the seven ability-to-repay (ATR) options and provide guidance on how to not only implement the new changes, but to strengthen your current ATR/QM compliance program.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session will benefit loan officers, loan operations personnel, compliance officers, and internal auditors.
- Sample policy language
- Sample ATR worksheet
- Employee training log
- Interactive quiz
- PDF of slides and speaker’s contact info for follow-up questions
- Attendance certificate provided to self-report CE credits
NOTE: All materials are subject to copyright. Transmission, retransmission, or republishing of any webinar to other institutions or those not employed by your institution is prohibited. Print materials may be copied for eligible participants only.
Brode Consulting Services Inc
© 2022 FINANCIAL EDUCATION & DEVELOPMENT, INC