FedNow Risk Assessments & Fraud Controls
StreamedDec 14, 2022Duration60 minutes
See Registration Options
- Unlimited & shareable access starting two business days after live stream
- Available on desktop, mobile & tablet devices 24/7
- Take-away toolkit
- Ability to download webinar video
- Presenter's contact info for questions
FedNow is nearly here! This new payment channel will require proper planning and risk assessment.
Join us to learn and prepare for working with the FedNow service while also managing risk and product compliance.
AFTER THIS WEBINAR YOU’LL BE ABLE TO:
- Identify whether an audit or risk assessment is required for the FedNow service and how to comply
- Describe the potential fraud associated with faster payments
- Understand the unique risks of faster payments
- Take advantage of the fraud controls offered by the Federal Reserve for the FedNow service
- Establish a foundational understanding of the FedNow rules and regulations
As we approach the release of the FedNow service in 2023 – the first new payment channel from the Federal Reserve in 40 years – it is important to properly prepare. FedNow instant payments will be different from payment channels of the past. It is critical for financial institutions to understand the risks, controls, rules, and regulations surrounding this new service. Join the Payments Professor, Kevin Olsen, to learn about the risks and fraud that could be involved with FedNow, now!
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This session is best suited for directors, managers, compliance officers, and operations personnel.
- Links to FedNow service resources for fraud controls and the FedLine Security & Resiliency Assurance Program
- Employee training log
- Interactive quiz
- PDF of slides and speaker’s contact info for follow-up questions
- Attendance certificate provided to self-report CE credits
NOTE: All materials are subject to copyright. Transmission, retransmission, or republishing of any webinar to other institutions or those not employed by your agency is prohibited. Print materials may be copied for eligible participants only.
"Kevin Olson presented a clear, concise description of the FedNow program and related information. His descriptions of needed risk assessments and fraud control were very informative."
- Troy, Merchants & Farmers Bank
© 2023 FINANCIAL EDUCATION & DEVELOPMENT, INC