Fair Lending Cornerstones: Best Practices & Current Agency Guidance
StreamedMar 24, 2022Duration90 minutes
See Registration Options
- Unlimited & shareable access starting two business days after live stream
- Available on desktop, mobile & tablet devices 24/7
- Take-away toolkit
- Ability to download webinar video
- Presenter's contact info for questions
Regulators are reviving their focus on fair lending and have published new materials and related guidance.
It is critical that your institution is using these resources to update your fair lending compliance management system. These topics and more have been the subject of recent agency-issued blogs, press releases, webinars, speeches, and enforcement actions. Are they receiving adequate attention at your financial institution, too?
AFTER THIS WEBINAR YOU’LL BE ABLE TO:
- Use current agency guidance to enhance your fair lending compliance management system
- Assist consumers with limited English proficiency
- Explain sex-based discrimination
- Discuss appraisal discrimination
- Understand the components of the new Combatting Redlining Initiative
- Describe redlining actions that resulted in enforcement actions
The regulatory agencies are renewing their emphasis on fair lending. This webinar will dive into the recent agency-issued fair lending materials, including the Fair Lending Report of the Bureau of Consumer Financial Protection, to ensure you have the most up-to-date resources and training materials. The Bureau’s annual risk-based prioritization process involves combining emerging developments and trends with tips and leads from industry whistleblowers, advocacy groups, and government agencies; supervisory and enforcement history; consumer complaints; and results of HMDA analysis and other data.
Based on these documents, this webinar will cover redlining, appraisal discrimination, special purpose credit programs, sex-based discrimination, and consumers with limited English proficiency – all of which should be addressed in your institution’s policies, procedures, training, or monitoring activities. Join us to learn tips and best practices to ensure your organization has updated its fair lending compliance management system to reflect this renewed focus.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session is designed for lenders, chief lending officers, compliance officers, and risk officers.
- List of reference materials for topics discussed
- Exercises to train staff on specific fair lending areas
- Explanation of how to determine sex and race when information is not collected
- Employee training log
- Interactive quiz
- PDF of slides and speaker’s contact info for follow-up questions
- Attendance certificate provided to self-report CE credits
NOTE: All materials are subject to copyright. Transmission, retransmission, or republishing of any webinar to other institutions or those not employed by your financial institution is prohibited. Print materials may be copied for eligible participants only.
Brode Consulting Services, Inc.
© 2023 FINANCIAL EDUCATION & DEVELOPMENT, INC